Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for Storage Expert, an experienced systems expert to perform daily server storage, storage configuration, administration, file archiving, capacity, availability planning, performance tuning, system health checks, data backup, and date recovery.
This is a 4-month contract located in Calgary, Alberta.
How you will bring value…
You will be providing senior mentorship to the IT Operations team, building improvements in our server storage practices while maintaining these critical systems to ensure reliability and availability to all client computing. Also transfer expertise, knowledge on caring for the critical function to other team members to enhance depth of support.
What you will be doing…
- The Infrastructure Services team focuses on technologies found within the organization’s core computing infrastructure including, but not limited to, Server & SAN provisioning, mirroring or replication, enterprise backup solutions, and business continuity / disaster recovery environments. The Infrastructure Services team concentrates on the following technologies: Servers, Storage, SAN, VMware, Citrix, Azure Cloud operations and Microsoft Server Solutions (SQL, Exchange, Skype for Business, Active Directory, System Center).
- The Analyst should have specializations in one or more of the following areas: Cisco UCS, EMC VNX, VPLEX, VBLOCK, Data Domain, Networker Enterprise Backup & Recovery, Server Virtualization, VMWare and Business Continuity/ Disaster Recovery.
- Actively support IT Operations goal of providing reliable, highly available technology during office hours and rotational off-hour support.
- Provide Tier 3 technical support, diagnosis and troubleshooting to external customers, helpdesk, and internal Development and QA teams.
- Ensure customer business needs and service requests are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Prioritize and manage multiple high priority activities and provide creative and effective solutions to problems rapidly, on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure optimal performance, reliability, availability and security of the company’s data and IT infrastructure by continuously monitoring the IT environment, with close attention to capacity and performance.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of IT Infrastructure, encompassing server, storage, Citrix, Active Directory, Exchange, server patching, Datacenter and related technologies and services.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of documentation related to administrative and troubleshooting procedures, disaster recovery planning, operational procedures, etc.
- Participate in Change Management meeting and processes.
- Assist in designing, implementing and supporting highly available, redundant solutions for large enterprise data center engagements with ~1,000 virtual servers in a multi-site environment.
- Participation in IS Infrastructure Services team discussions, meeting and activities.
- Support IT Operations troubleshooting, initiatives and audits.
What you will need to succeed…
- Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent education and 5 years’ experience in IT infrastructure support analyst position.
- Minimum 3 years experience in enterprise server, storage, virtualization, and network environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Customer focused and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work across functional stakeholders in IS and business.
- Demonstrated knowledge/familiarity in the following areas:
- Server and Storage admin: HP server solutions including blade systems, Cisco UCS, EMC VNX, Networker, Data Domain, and Commvault.
- Application and Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, including DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM, SCOM, Skype for Business; VMware ESX.
- Knowledge and awareness of ITIL process within an IT Technical Services environment.
Nice to Haves
- This role has responsibility for server, storage infrastructure within Calgary and Edmonton offices.
- Two core data centers for Production and DR are located in Calgary and a secondary data center for the Edmonton office.
- This role requires ability to work extended hours on a rotational basis.
- Experience in the Alberta oil and gas industry and/or a regulatory environment as an asset.
- Public cloud skillset on AWS or Azure as an asset.
- Appropriate software/device certifications highly desired.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.