Our client is one of the world's largest multinational utility service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC
If you have experience with the following, then we would like to meet with you.
- University or Masters Degree in course of completion in Engineering (Computer, Software, or Systems), Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Embedded systems
- 3+ years of programming skills in C/C++ or Java
- 3+ year of experience with Linux OS and Shell scripting
- Strong writing and communication skills to describe test cases and test results
- Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies and software development fundamentals
- Quick to translate testing results into business risks relevant to our customers
- Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development and testing tasks
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Proficient in communicating very technical concepts and issues to relevant businesses
- Ability to write clear bench marking reports for marketing purpose.
- Experience in load testing applications building your own tools or using J meter, HP load runner or similar tools;
- Experienced running performance testing for network/embedded devices such as routers, firewalls using tools such as tcpreplay, Spirent, IXIA;
- Proficiency in programming using C/C++ or Java
- Scripting proficiency with shell, Perl and/or Python.
- Strong knowledge in Linux OS fundamentals and how memory, CPU, disk and Networking I/O are utilized
- Experience building/maintaining performance or system monitoring and reporting infrastructure using products such as Newrelic, Appdynamics, ElasticSearch;
- Good knowledge of docker-based micro service architecture and experience testing scalability for container-based application;
- Ability to do thorough analysis and provide insightful reports to keep track of P&R health of overall product;
- Experience of network protocols is desirable
- Continuous build tools such as Jenkins is desired
- Configuration management tools such as Gerrit, git or Github is desired.
- Server deployment/configuration tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Test case management tools and issue tracking software (e.g. JIRA, Rally).
- Design, develop tools and framework to execute performance and reliability (P&R) system test for PREDIX EDGE platform
- Define the performance, reliability, and scalability test plans based on technical specifications and product requirements working with Product Management team
- Provide your analysis to identify performance or reliability issues in our products by troubleshooting issues and help developers find root cause.
- Configuring test environments, servers, monitoring performance tests and identifying application bottlenecks;
- Produce quality engineering documentation on our design and code
- Interact with internal and external multidisciplinary teams to coordinate and achieve project objectives in a prompt manner
- Follow-up KPIs and keep track on overall product performance and reliability metrics