Our Burnaby, BC based client has an immediate need for an Infrastructure Project Manager to join their team for a two (2) year contract opportunity.
The Project Manager – Infrastructure Level 2 is responsible for the successful completion of medium to high risk and highly complex infrastructure or other construction projects by leading cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams through project activities so that projects are successfully completed safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
We are looking for:
- A dynamic and energetic individual who is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A proven leader who is solution focused and takes accountability
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple programs or projects simultaneously
- Experience managing projects for brownfield substations, specifically in feeder sections
- Electrical Substation experience and PMP® preferred
The resource for this role will be able to start remotely, and work at our client’s Burnaby location once COVID restrictions are lifted. The resource should be based in the greater Vancouver area.
- Utilities industry experience is preferred, open to EPCM companies – owner operator for utilities or client side
- 8+ years experience as a Project Manager for infrastructure projects
- PMP® is preferred
- Electrical substation experience is preferred
- Experience managing high volume programs (10-20 simultaneous projects)
- Previous BC Hydro experience is an asset
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum nine (9) years of project management experience or equivalent.
- Plan, direct, and report on infrastructure and other construction project activities by consistently monitoring project benefits, resources and status and creating documents such as project plans, action logs, communication plans, status reports and post implementation reviews so that the project is implemented as planned.
- Develop project plans and risk management plans for medium to high risk and highly complex infrastructure or other construction projects with a capital cost that is generally up to $50 million for effective management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage multiple activities effectively such as quality assurance, engineering, First Nations and stakeholder engagement, communication, regulatory approvals, procurement, planning and controls, construction management, pre-commissioning, employee relations, and safety by using project management principles in monitoring progress and establishing standards for implementation to keep the project within allotted time and budget.
- Complete project management activities including scoping, planning, managing, monitoring, and reporting on project tasks by using advanced skills in Microsoft Office as well as project management programs to fulfill business needs.
- Maintain meaningful relationships with stakeholders including customers, engineers and field crews through regular communication using excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills enabling timely progression of projects.
- Establish standards for implementation and monitoring using excellent analytical skills and a comprehensive knowledge of project management practices and procedures to optimize project resources.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Economics or related discipline
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering, an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation, preferred
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.