We are looking for a Dispatcher, on behalf of one of the largest Water Treatment Industry company.
The Dispatcher-SDI coordinates/monitors SDI Service Operations. Performs all tasks in a manner that reflects the company's commitment to service, readily assisting both internal and external customers at every available opportunity.
- Endeavors to maintain harmonious relations with customers at all times.
- Coordinates activities with Service Technicians and appropriate department Managers including Plant Managers or their designated representatives.
- Acts as an information source for company Managers on field information.
- Receives customer requests for service.
- Acts as the first step in creating the service call and schedule.
- Gathers pertinent information – determines the type of equipment, necessary supplies, and test equipment required to execute the service call.
- Receives and processes salt/chemical orders from Sales, Service, and customers.
- Dispatches Service Technicians and equipment from Service Center or diverts equipment in route, if necessary, to the appropriate job sites.
- Maintains contact with Service Technicians and customers while on duty to ensure 100% accountability.
- Maintains various records and logs. These may include but are not limited to, daily productivity reports, time logs, and various schedules.
- Alerts all pertinent Managers to developing field situations and customer-related call-ins.
- Requires the transfer of information at shift change.
- Coordinate daily and monthly service reports
- Tracks mileage from Service fleet
- Coordinate Lab and Calibration certificates
- Coordinate with Mobile Logistics group
- Strives to keep technicians to maintain schedule and reduce overtime to the greatest extent possible
- Enters job-specific data into the computer
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 1-year work experience demonstrated Customer Service skills.
- Proficiency in SAP Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) Proficient keyboarding skills.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Ability and willingness to support services to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities.
- Ability and willingness to work alternate work schedules.
- Ability and willingness to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Associates Degree in Business or Science highly desirable.
- College coursework Chemistry eight hours preferred.
- 1-year work experience in Dispatch for a Service Industry desirable.
- 1-year work experience with multi-line telephone and two-way radio communications desirable.
- Working DOT knowledge.
- Experience with Water Treatment Industry in Logistics or Services.
Desired Work Traits:
- Clear Thinker-ability to identify and prioritize action items quickly and efficiently.
- External Focus-Considers impact of actions and decisions on customers, industry, and public viewpoint. Measures performance through customer perception.
- Continuous Learner-strives to increase knowledge, skill, and experience in function and industry.
- Excellent demonstrated professional communication skills-verbal and written.
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to apply to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Dependable, accountable and diligent