The Technologist performs the function of QA Analyst in the Monitoring Programs group and works with Integrity Engineers responsible for the development, execution and review of pipeline inspection and repair programs in order to ensure public and environmental safety, as well as pipeline system reliability.
- Review and validate data collected by In Line Inspection (ILI) tools to ensure consistency with reporting requirements and historical data.
- Liaise with ILI vendors to resolve data accuracy and reporting issues.
- Prepare and review integrity excavation packages to be issued to field crews for direct pipeline assessment (including non-destructive examination (NDE)) and repair.
- Monitor ILI report delivery status to ensure that deliverables are received within required timelines.
- Support for internal information management projects as assigned by the group Supervisor
- Support internal/external process audits.
- This role requires exceptional attention to detail as the data being handled is immense in volume and contains information critical to ensuring accurate integrity decisions.
- Work is typically performed autonomously, though collaboration with stakeholders is often necessary to solve unusual or complex issues
- Responsible for the timely and accurate review and validation of tens of in-line inspection reports per year
- Dig package generation drives downstream activities having typical budgets in excess of $250 million/year
- On a regular basis, this position interacts with internal groups including Pipeline Integrity Planning and Mitigation Programs, as well as Liquids Pipelines Engineering. External interactions are generally limited to ILI vendors for the purpose of ILI report validation and quality assurance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Successful completion of a post-secondary education in a related field (Engineering, math, science, etc.). Preference will be given to candidates with pipeline experience.
- Proficient computer skills (ie. MS Office and Email software)
- High MS Excel proficiency; MS Excel customization/ coding skills recommended
- Demonstrated math and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization skills, and personal flexibility as changes in priority and concurrent work on multiple projects is likely.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Technical report writing skills are an asset.
- Office environment (work station / cubicle)
- Opportunity for 1-2 field visits per year to witness tool launch and/or excavation sites.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.