| || |
We have an immediate opening for a “Sql server developer” for a 12 months contract assignment in Chicago, IL
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 9 years of professional experience in database administration/development in MS SQL server / Sybase.
- Strong experience in database development in MS SQL Server, Sybase
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience in performance tuning queries, JDBC, ODBC.NET libraries and OR mapping tools (JPA, Hibernate etc)
- Experience with Linux/UNIX, bash/ksh scripting, and Perl/Python.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Expert experience in implementing operational automation.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools (Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and coding Principles.
- Solid acquaintance with windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc.)
- SQL Database Operational support to tech users
- Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools and applications (e.g. redgate, idera, SCOM, Erwin)
- Knowledge in a scripting language like Powershell, VBScript, WSH
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.