Our Banking Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a AS400 Developer for a 6+ month contract with high possibility of extension.
As a AS400 Developer is responsible to design, develop, and implement applications using general languages and technologies AS400, RPGLE and store procedures to support business requirements.
Typical Day in Role
- Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
- Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
- Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- AS400 (5+ years of hands on experience) – used for financial applications (preferably)
- RPGLE (5+ years of hands on experience) (coding with this programming language)
- Stored procedures (5+ years of hands on experience)
- Large enterprise organization (5+ years providing development for large, enterprise organizations)
- Fast Learner
- Overall 7+ years working experience as a Developer/Programmer
- Experience working Agile environment
- Banking/FI/Manufacturing industry experience
- Cobol – programming language
- DB2 experience
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”