Do you want to work for one of the largest electric utility companies in Pennsylvania? Assisting them in serving their residents and industrial customers? They are currently looking for a Project Manager II to support their facility in Jeannette, Pennsylvania If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Project Manager II
Location: Jeannette, Pennsylvania
Duration: 2 years contract (possible extension)
- Successful candidate to possess strong skills and knowledge with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Responsible for adherence to milestones and will ensure all non-site personnel are trained and qualified to perform assigned work scope in accordance with individual site requirements.
- Will monitor project is completed on or under budget and has budget status and projections available throughout project.
- Leads and controls diverse transmission and distribution projects, including easement profiles, to ensure projects are prioritized appropriately and that project deliverables are achieved safely within the approved scope, cost and schedule.
- Leads the preparation and updates to individual project budgets, capital expenditure authorization and associated project budget revisions occur by working with Business Services personnel.
- Fully engages in the capital budgeting process by obtaining and verifying that pertinent data is included in the project.
- Works with local supervision to determine and initiate requests for clearances and outages.
- Works with the Transmission System Operator and the Regional Dispatch Office in order to support timely completion of field activities as defined by the project plan.
- Negotiates approvals from affected departments to support the proposed schedule and resource requirements, including the review and approval of project plans.
- Validates that project estimates are appropriately developed and that contingencies are appropriately applied.
- Provides the management sponsor with project status (i.e. scope, budget, schedule process), identifying issues that require management involvement and preparing recommendations for problem resolution.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology or related discipline along with 4 years of related work experience, or associate degree in Engineering Technology or related discipline along with 8 years of related job experience, or High School Diploma (or GED) along with 10 years related work experience.
- Related work experience is knowledge of construction and maintenance practices (i.e. substation, overhead lines, underground lines), procedures, work methods, materials, equipment and tools which would be used to determine the resources necessary to perform construction and maintenance work activities.
- Strong proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Projects. Knowledge of Projects is required.
- Ability to manage multiple estimates.
- Will liaison with contractors, subcontractors and internally with Engineering, Finance, Operations, Rad Protection, and Maintenance personnel.
- Possess general knowledge of nuclear power plant operation.
- Ability to develop estimates based on Capital / Removal / Expense components.
- Ability to develop estimates by budget year / month and resource types Internal Labor / Materials, etc.