Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational oil and natural gas service companies.
We currently have an available Full Time position for Field Services Technologist.
If you have experience with the following, then we would like to meet with you.
- Coordinate engineering services field work on power-generating assets for GPO facilities
- Investigate, report, and provide support to implement recommendations on power-generating asset reliability and performance issues
- Update maintenance processes and procedures on power-generating equipment as required
- Support the implementation of asset integrity processes related to power-generating assets
- Supervise, oversee and document inspection and advanced corrective maintenance performed on wind turbines by Service provider
- Perform equipment diagnosis, investigations, and major failure reviews across all GPO facilities
- Inspect & oversee installation of wind turbine parts to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and standards and in accordance with the technical documentation, as required
- Create and modify Standard Operating Procedures for advanced wind turbine work tasks
- Responsible for quality control of work performed
- Create, update and complete accurate records to record all work performed, documentation of service bulletins, retrofits and upgrades, technical logs, maintenance manuals and revisions, inputting inventory.
- Perform duties in compliance with company and legislation policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Respond to and investigate equipment incidents and emergencies.
- Collect and provide current information regarding service and maintenance of turbines in Manuals, Policies and Procedures, ensuring they are complete and updated as per agreements
- Identify and support the evaluation of new technologies that may be integrated into the power-generating facility to improve reliability or performance
- Responsible for maintaining documentation regarding work performed or new equipment information in a centralized location
- Follow all supervisory requirements established by GPO and provide timely communications to the Field Services Supervisor on issues and non-compliance related to wind turbine performance at all GPO facilities
Skills & Qualifications
- College diploma or University degree with applied mechanical, electrical, and hydraulics experience; or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5-8 years of applied wind turbine experience across various platforms
- Detailed knowledge of wind turbine related systems, including, but not limited to, hydraulics, gearboxes, blades, electrical and mechanical systems
- Working knowledge of borescope techniques, CMS systems, and composite blade design / inspections is preferred
- Unwavering commitment to providing a safe, incident-free work environment
- Working knowledge of substation mechanical and electrical systems is preferred
- Working knowledge of maintenance scheduling, availability reporting, inventory management, on-time performance requirements and equipment damage assessment and run/stop decisions pertaining to wind turbine operations
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to work well under pressure and/or deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Excellent computer skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Windows programs, Wind Turbine SCADA Systems, Turbine PLC Software and Maintenance Management Programs
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Interpret and/or make hydraulic and electrical schematics, drawings, specifications and other documentation
- Ability to operate and maintain various tools and equipment
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record