Do you want to work for the largest Chemical Manufacturing company? They are currently looking for a TAR Cost Engineer Functions to support their facility in Geismar, Louisiana. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: TAR Cost Engineer Functions
Duration: Until Dec 2020 (possible extension)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This position in the Engineering & Technical Expertise Department will provide cost estimating and cost control to support Long Term Depreciated Turnarounds (LTDT), for the client site. Key roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide cost estimating and cost control for LTDT turnarounds of various sizes (up to $25M) and complexities at the Geismar site. Support to other sites is possible based upon business demand.
- Lead turnaround cost estimating and cost control teams throughout the entire turnaround life cycle. Ensure proper progress tracking and change management systems are in place and effectively functioning in planning and execution phases of turnarounds. Provide proper variance explanation and root cause analysis of changes.
- Integrate capital project estimating and cost control within the turnaround process and organization.
- Develop turnaround cost forecasts and prepare turnaround cost reports.
- Communicate turnaround cost status frequently with Engineering, Maintenance, Construction, and business leadership, often at the Senior Vice President level.
- Develop and improve turnaround cost estimating and controlling tools and processes.
- Perform studies and analysis across all stages of turnaround life cycle.
- Evaluate field change orders and validate contractor estimates and pricing.
- Audit invoices.
- Support development of contracting strategies for turnarounds.
- Perform bid analysis for complex service contracts.
- Accurately assess turnaround progress and costs to identify potential risks and problems. Provide recommendations for corrective action to resolve turnaround challenges.
- Lead turnaround closeout efforts after completion.
- Assist in the development and implementation of continuous improvement efforts.
- Provide cost estimating and cost control support, as needed, for capital projects of various sizes (up to $25M) and complexities primarily at the Geismar site. Support to other sites is possible based upon business demand.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Construction Management, or Accounting and at least 7+ years of professional experience in engineering and/or construction is required.
- Ability to lead and work in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of SAP maintenance and project systems.
- Working knowledge of engineering, procurement, accounting, and construction practices.
- At least 5 years of experience in turnaround and capital project cost control.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office).
- Strong quality focus with an attention to detail.
- Strong initiative and collaborative skills.
- Chemical plant experience is preferred.
- This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.