Do you want to work for the largest Chemical Manufacturing companies? They are currently looking for a Process Control Engineer to support their facility in McIntosh, Alabama. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Process Control Engineer
Duration: Until October 2019
Inventory Investigation and Resolution
- The inventory management and reconciliation at the site is insufficient. Inventory is tracked in 3 separate systems. The investigation team would benefit from insight and be better able to arrive at the root causes of the problems that have lead to usage of 3 systems so that our client can implement appropriate corrective actions.
- The site is currently making process changes associated with projects that are to be implemented. However, we do not have an internal resource that has any Provox programming experience.
- The main objective of this role is to support the Catalyst R&D organization by providing engineering in terms of process safety, process design, project management and upkeep of equipment and technical documentation. With scientists and equipment operators as your customer, you will be responsible for developing, overseeing construction, maintaining, and retrofitting small to mid-capital laboratory and pilot scale equipment that is often one of a kind. One of the primary focuses of this role is to provide prompt service to the R&D staff on all smaller, lower capital projects to ensure that equipment functionality and uptime is maximized.
- Interface with EH&S and contribute to safety reviews for new and modified equipment
- Responsible for keeping technical drawing packages up to date and in accordance with internal specifications and standards
- Work with scientists and operators to define scope and requirements for new equipment or existing equipment to be repurposed
- Create piping and mechanical designs per customer requirements and Company internal standards Specify mechanical equipment and instrumentation.
- Work with vendors and place orders as necessary
- Generate process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, bill of materials, functional specification documents
- Generate scope of work and request for proposal documents when dealing with internal or external contractors
- Discover safer, innovative, leaner, and less expensive solutions to deploy in existing processes
- With customer requirements in mind, generate mechanical part drawings in AutoCAD that will be provided to machine shops for construction of stainless steel, Inconel, and a variety of other metal parts
- Define and keep project schedules on target and within budget.
- Mitigate scope creep
- Bachelors degree in a technical engineering discipline such as mechanical, chemical, or similar engineering field
- 3+ years hands on and/or technical design experience in a plant, pilot
- 3+ plant, or R&D setting
- Strong CAD skills for P&ID and mechanical part drawings
- Experience working with automation systems, PLCs, data acquisition systems
- Training in Six Sigma or Lean preferable o Knowledge of Kaizen, 5S
- Experience or training in statistical process control
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a wide range of projects from smaller engineering maintenance requests to capital projects
- General understanding of power and circuitry, ranging from 12VDC to 480VAC
- Understanding of machining and welding feasibility for various types of alloys
- Knowledge of chemical and temperature compatibility of components, specifically high temperature alloys
- Experience with pressure vessels or vacuum systems and associated safety equipment
- Knowledge of combustion engines is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in fluid flow / mechanics / dynamics
- Ability to interface with scientists, equipment operators, vendors and contractors
- Critical path management/forward thinking mindset
- **Must have experience working with process instrumentation**