We are looking for an EPC Project Manager on behalf of Michigan’s largest electrical utility distributor. They will provide leadership and managing scope, budget, schedule and achieving the goals of projects related to electric infrastructure improvement and customer interconnection.
- Plan and manage medium-to-large sized projects of moderate-to high complexity, as well as single year and multi-year programs, that deliver key EPM strategies Ensure project results contribute positive business value
- Meet agreed upon scope, cost, schedule and quality objectives
- Develop and maintain project plans that provide timely deliverables in order to achieve project objectives Identify initial risks, issues and constraints impacting project execution
- Work collaboratively with other functional areas in the development of project tasks and deliverables ensuring the successful execution of projects
- Manage multiple projects at various stages of development concurrently
- Facilitate the flow of work during a project to ensure that it conforms to the project plan covering forecasting, scoping, planning, scheduling, execution and closeout
- Ensure that team members understand their authority and responsibility regarding their portion of the project
- Assume project communication lead role throughout the life cycle of the project
- Perform presentations for the Consumers Energy leadership team
- Assist in the development of performance metrics and track performance of the projects executed Identify and recommend new processes, techniques and standards that drive performance and process management Identify, prioritize and drive the implementation of process enhancements
- Validate financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
This position will be remote to start with the expectation to work onsite in Jackson, MI once company returns to office
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering/Business from an accredited college or university
- 4+ years of applied engineering or equivalent working experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred.
- Familiarity with electric transmission or distribution infrastructure
- Experience leading complex projects, with impacts to large energy customers, municipalities, or agencies
- Demonstrated success in identifying and managing risk
- Communicating and reporting project status to senior leadership
- Project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, presentations, meeting facilitation and negotiation
- Experience with process management and improvement