Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational oil and natural gas service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for Contract Specialist in Duluth, MN/ Calgary, AB/ Edmonton, AB.
The Contract Specialist is responsible for drafting and, where appropriate, reviewing agreements including customer sales contracts, contract amendments, supplier purchase and sale agreements and confidentiality and consultant agreements as well as responding to customer request for proposals (RFPs). Works closely with company sales, service and sourcing teams as well as customers, business managers and attorneys. Position to be located in either Calgary, Duluth or Edmonton.
- Drafting and reviewing/ editing documents such as (but not limited to): customer sales contracts, amendments, NDAs, contract renewals and expansions, and customer reorganizations for legal review.
- Managing contract clause libraries and contract databases.
Criteria & Qualifications:
- College degree or Associates degree and 7-10 years relevant experience – Demonstrated experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate using English (and local language)
- Develop and implement master service agreements that mitigate risk and deliver competitive advantage for Client in support of Category Lead(s)
- Provide contract administration of master service agreements.
Coordinate with Category Lead and business stakeholders to establish master agreements that mitigate risk and deliver competitive advantage:
- Analyzing scopes of work to determine contracting strategy;
- Preparing RFx (request for proposal, request for quote, etc.) packages;
- Coordinating proposal evaluation activities and completing commercial evaluations;
- Negotiating with suppliers;
- Preparing and circulating various contract review and approval documents through functional SME;
- Awarding contracts; and
- Facilitating and conducting pre-proposal, proposal clarification and contract kick-off meetings with suppliers and key stakeholders.
Coordinate with suppliers and stakeholders to ensure realization of the value intended from a master agreement through effective contract administration activities including, but not limited to:
- Contract interpretation;
- Contract compliance (including spend and insurance monitoring);
- Investigation and resolution of systemic contractual issues; and development, negotiation and execution of contract amendments.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.