We are looking for a Sr. Business Analyst with some strong Commercial Tax domain knowledge supporting USWM Tax role with Financial Services experience with some understanding of WM products in Minneapolis, MN.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
Who you are:
Our client is looking to hire a resource with combined BA and QE skills. We are looking for an experienced strong Sr BA who also has experience working in a QE organization. A strong candidate will have both the combined BA and QE skills who enjoys both work functions and has successfully supported projects as both a BA and QE. Additionally, the strong candidate will have a good domain knowledge and experience working in the commercial tax area for a Financial Services company.
Business Analysis Planning (15%)
• Perform requirements stakeholder analysis to identify impacted or influencing groups and stakeholder requirements responsibilities.
• Develop plans and accurate estimates for completion of requirements, continuously improving the level of detail and accuracy of estimates.
Requirements Analysis and Documentation (15%)
• Facilitate collaborative sessions with large and diverse business stakeholder groups to drive requirements discovery, analysis, and review.
• Apply advanced elicitation techniques to work with different types of stakeholder groups.
• Analyze and document scope of the business solution using enterprise-standard requirements methodology.
Requirements Management and Support (10%)
• Prepare requirements for review applying various communication techniques and lead requirements walkthrough and sign off sessions.
• Apply advanced coverage analysis techniques to ensure relationship between scope, detailed requirements, and testing through to implementation.
• Resolve conflicts/issues on behalf of BA team and escalate as required.
• Support QE in development of the Functional System test cases
• Support UAT and PIV activities including planning, defect triage, and root-cause analysis for requirements-related issues.
• Support the development of the end-user documentation and training.
Leadership and Relationship Management (10%)
• Provide guidance and support to build the capabilities of the junior Bas.
• Support the consistency of standards and adherence to enterprise requirements methodology within own BA team.
• Effectively communicate and build rapport with team members and stakeholders.
Technical Knowledge (10%)
• Mainframe & SQL Experience; ability to run mainframe jobs, review mainframe files, execute mainframe programs.
• Select approved selected development tools to use for modeling & test case optimization (ConformIQ or Hexawise).
• DevOps experience and basic knowledge of CI/CD principles.
Quality Engineering & Testing (20%)
• Use various evaluation methods on documentation, source code, test results, etc. to determine whether user needs & project objectives have been satisfied.
• Select appropriate test strategies (test-driven design, risk-based, time boxed, top-down, bottom-up, black-box, white-box, automation) for various situations.
• Review business and software documentation, including User Stories for ambiguity and testability. Driving development of “Acceptance Criteria” for User Stories.
• Develop, communicate, and track to the Automation Test Plan/Test Approach/Strategy.
• Coordinate with project & QE leadership to develop Automation testing coverage for functional and regression testing.
Planning and Leadership (10%)
• Covered until Quality Engineering & Testing Section.
Job Specifications and Qualifications
• College/University degree or equivalent work experience in related fields/areas.
• Minimum 7+ years of experience working as a Business Analyst with progressively increasing responsibilities in the areas of requirements management on large and complex projects.
• Minimum 7+ years of experience in software quality engineering or equivalent experience, with at least 2 years of automation experience.
• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Project Management Institute –Professional in Business Analysis Certification (PMI – PBA) (Preferred).
• Masters Certificate in Business Analysis (Preferred).
• Proven experience with various project delivery methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative and/or Agile.
• Experience in requirements planning and prioritization including stakeholder analysis and effort estimation.
• Requirements elicitation techniques such as Document analysis, Interviews, Facilitated, workshops, Observation, Prototyping, Focus groups, Surveys.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are Business Analyst, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.