Our client, one of Canada’s largest integrated oil companies has an immediate need for a Category Advisor – Drilling and Completions (D&C) Subsea to join their Team for a twelve (12) month contract assignment. This would be based out of their location in downtown St. John’s Newfoundland.
Reporting to the Category Manager – Offshore, the incumbent in this position will be primarily accountable for contract coordination and materials management for high and medium risk criticality categories impacting Drilling & Completions and Subsea activities. Specifically, the Category Advisor will be responsible for inventory and materials management aspects of their designated categories as well as contract administration and supplier performance. The incumbent will work closely with representatives of the Business Unit(s), suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure effective service delivery, inventory and materials management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing all aspects of the Strategic Sourcing Methodology (HSSM) as applicable to the role, in accordance with the expectations and requirements of the Operational Integrity Management System (HOIMS) and any appropriate policies, including inventory management policy. Specifically, he or she will be responsible to ensure contracted services and materials are delivered in accordance with defined supplier expectations, deliverables, and any other requirements as deemed necessary to meet the client’s business standards.
Monitor, update and report inventory levels at corporate and subcontractor facilities, including:
- planning and management of D&C and subsea inventory
- inventory counts and accuracy of SAP inventory records
- review and audit of materials receipts and shipments, ensuring all transactions are entered appropriately in SAP
- ongoing review and recommendations regarding inventory obsolescence
- monitor suppliers rental tools & equipment
- Administer contracts and manage contract changes as applicable
- Work with business unit contract owners to drive supplier performance, delivery and compliance
- Ensure all SCM processes, and contract documentation and master data changes are coordinated within the function, collaborating closely with all functions within SCM
Must Have Skills:
• Undergraduate degree or diploma in business, technical or related discipline
• 5 or more years of experience within supply chain management, contracts and/or inventory/materials management
• Discipline specific experience in drilling & completions materials and services, oil-country tubular goods (OCTG) or subsea equipment
• Contract administration, negotiation, and contract changes
• MS Word and MS Excel
• SAP (MM, PM or other relevant module(s)
Nice to Have Skills:
• MBA or MSC degree
• Professional Supply Chain certification (SCMP/CSCP/CPM/CPSM)
• A background in oil and gas industry is an asset
• Report savings, key dates for sourcing activities, and other SCM information as required
• Ariba or other eSourcing platform
• Contract repository management
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.