Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an experienced Category Advisor to develop and execute an innovative contracting strategy. The focus will be on highly critical areas that will impact the overall successful execution of the scope of work. The Category Analyst will also source and manage all new contracts required to support the scope of work while adhering to all SCM policies and procedures regarding sourcing and approvals. This role is located in St. John’s Newfoundland.
How you will bring value…
In this role you will be responsible for executing all aspects of the client’s Strategic Sourcing Methodology, as applicable to the role, in accordance with the expectations and the requirements of the Operational Integrity Management System. Specifically, you will be responsible for ensuring suppliers are appropriately qualified, selected, and monitored for performance in accordance with the Strategic Sourcing Methodology and the standards defined by the Operational Integrity Management System. In collaboration with business unit stakeholders, you will ensure contracts clearly define expectations, deliverables and any other requirements as deemed necessary to meet the client’s business standards. You will also manage the relationship between the client and the selected shipyard but will also liaise with other SCM personnel managing other Atlantic Region contracts that will be required to support the overall program. You will manage all scopes of work under these contracts to ensure timely completion and safe execution of the scope.
What you will be doing…
- Develop sourcing strategies through the client’s strategic sourcing process. Considering both strategic and tactical levers. Ensuring all stakeholders are engaged and potential risk are mitigated.
- Establish delivery plans with considerations for time constraints of the project. Develop clear roles and responsibilities and robust stakeholder management strategies.
- Ensure Category management processes are followed from conception to close-out, in accordance with the client’s Supply Chain management policy, Operational Integrity Management System, the Governance and Enablement Group and all relevant regulatory requirements. Ensure tools and technology are used where applicable.
- Manage the evaluation of all bids against pre-defined criteria, including management of cross-functional stakeholder groups. Ensure award recommendations are prepared and approved as per internal requirements, including joint venture partners and regulatory approvals.
- Manage business stakeholder’s relationships within the region including KPIs, strategies and objectives.
What you will need to succeed…
- Undergraduate degree in a technical or business discipline.
- 10+ years of experience within category management, strategic sourcing or supply chain.
- 5+ years of experience in offshore industry.
- Previous ship yard contracting experience.
Nice to Haves
- Professional Supply Chain certification (SCMP,CSCP,CPM,CPSM).
- Previous experience with project in access of $100 million dollars.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.