- Nisku, Alberta
- $50.06 per hour, OT daily after 8 hours
- Certification of Qualification or Red Seal required – Off Road
- Monday to Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Company Paid Benefits, Pension with Company Contributions
- Tool and Boot Annual Allowances
- Relocation Allowance available
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a client that has been operating for over 90 years and has multiple locations throughout Alberta and British Columbia. Their goal is to provide quality parts to maximize value for their customers. Their reputation s build on being the largest provider of quality aftermarket replacement parts and service for a wide range of construction and transportation equipment. They service the Petroleum Exploration and Production, Forestry, Road Building, Mining, Farming, Waste Management, Natural Gas Production and Highway Transportation.
As a seasoned Off Road Mechanic, you bring with you a wealth of knowledge that you can share with others in the shop. You enjoy building strong relationships with those around and able to keep a positive attitude even when the pressure is on. You can lead people through technical issues and diagnostics, and show them a trick or two when you jump on the tools.
You will be:
- Responsible for profitable and effective management assigned shop segments.
- Manage a team of technicians, apprentices in all aspects of productivity including quoting, diagnostics and invoicing
- Liaise with Customer, Sales and internal teams as required on service issues and opportunities
- Assist in all technical aspects including diagnostics and parts support where required
- Manage warranty and rework to assigned targets
- Manage technicians to a timely and productive service schedule
- Act as an ambassador for Health and Safety including corporate initiative such as CORE
- Comply with all safety requirements such as tool box meetings, safety meetings and hazard analyses
- Manage administrative requirements such as cost coding and time and materials allocations, job stories etc.
- Perform required HR responsibilities such as interviewing, hiring disciplining and terminations.
- Mentor and train mechanics and apprentices.
- Ensure Job Stories are complete for every work order
- Some hands on mechanical work may be required.
Why this is the right job for you…
You are focused when it comes to getting the job done but you also know how to crack a joke. You can develop a younger team and be a resource that shows how to do things the safe way. You can give clear directions and adjust to changing priorities. You want to be an hands on leader, take your Techs steps by step and check their work to make sure they are learning how to do things the correct way. This role will be a split of 60% in shop and with Technicians, and 40% working directly with customers.
- Licensed Red Seal Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic (Off Road)
- At least 3 years experience in a supervisory role (e.g. Lead Hand, Foreman)
- Preference for 10 to 20 years of progressive experience
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Excel and Outlook) and able to work out Gross Margins
- Proficient with SIS, Prosis and other OEM software packages
- At least 5 years of experience with Caterpillar
- Experience with Volvo, Komatsu and Deere are an asset
Are you interested in seeing if this is for you? Please apply or call us today!
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. You can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or text us at (905) 330 9861.