If you are Construction Manager with DOE experience, this might be the role for you!
Our client intends to utilize a Construction Manager/ General Contractor (CM/GC) delivery method for the majority of the infrastructure projects. We are seeking the services recognized procurement expert in CM/GC delivery of construction projects performed in the Department of Energy Complex under the requirements of DOE Order 413.3B, Program and Project Management for the Acquisition of Capital Assets to assist laboratory staff in the acquisition and execution of CM/GC projects. The SME may also participate in the review and provide consulting services for non-CM/GC projects commensurate with knowledge and experience.
The CM/GC SME will perform the following services:
- Review and provide suggested edits to improve RFP documents (e.g. scope, clauses)
- Facilitate awareness of CM/GC contracting processes and practices with PPPL staff. Share CM/GC lessons learned in the DOE complex
- Provide assistance in the source selection process
- Assist in identifying and mitigation acquisition risks
- Reviewing and providing guidance related to contract oversight process and practices
- Assist in the review of other projects (either individually or as a member of a board)
- Assist in defining and monitoring efficient contract administration and control processes
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 15-years of experience in the DOE complex with direct senior management responsibilities and accountabilities for the procurement and execution of successfully accomplished projects with a CM/GC delivery construction projects.
- Experience as a procurement expert in significant non-construction DOE projects is desirable.
- Expert knowledge of the Department of Energy Acquisition Regulations and DOE Order 413.3B