On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Direct Hire Electrical Controls Technician.
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
This is a non-union position
- Ensuring the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of pipeline facilities is what the Electrical Controls Technicians here excel at. If you thrive on troubleshooting and resolving electrical components, then please apply now!
What you will do:
- Provide maintenance and troubleshooting of turbine emissions monitoring and controls.
- Work with significant independence on standard assignments.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of Safety Policies and Procedures and act following them at all times.
- Learn the operation of more complex equipment and procedures.
- Participate in design reviews with the ability to decipher diagrammatic/one-line drawings
- Ensure that all pertinent records are accurate, current, and that preventative maintenance schedules are timely.
- Serve as a backup E/C Tech at other locations on an as-needed basis
- Assessing and ensuring situations are safe to perform the work required and the most effective way of carrying out the work.
Who you are:
You have the following education and/or experience:
- Associate’s Degree in a relevant technical field, such as Electrical/Controls, Electrical Engineering or Controls Technology, Electronics Technology, or a related field or equivalent education and/or experience.
- one (1) year of electrical/instrumentation experience in an industrial type setting OR the equivalent experience necessary to perform required tasks of Technician Level 1 on a stand-alone basis.
- Competent in NFPE 70E Code & Arc Flash Safety
- You reside or are willing to reside within 30 miles of the assigned location
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, be on call and standby, and travel overnight as required
Include but are not limited to:
- Balancing, bending and stooping, climbing, crawling, carrying ( up to 45 amount of pounds), grasping, kneeling, lifting (objects 45 pounds), pulling hand over hand, pushing, reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion, sitting, standing, walking, the visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color coding, read the fine print), hearing requirement, grasping, kneeling, light-moderate lifting (objects up to 45 pounds), reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion, sitting, standing, the visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color coding, read the fine print), hearing requirement.
- Include but are not limited to Ability to: understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, understand complex problems and collaborate/explore alternative solutions, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, organize and prioritize work schedule on a short-term basis, make decisions which have a moderate impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside this area, understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine forms, compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and basic reports and communicate with individuals via telephone.