Do you want to work for one of the largest Nuclear companies in North Carolina? They are currently looking for a Project Controls -2 to support their facility in Southport, North Carolina. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: PCS-2 (Project Controls)
Duration: Until December. 2019
Location: Brunswick Nuclear Plant – Southport, North Carolina
- This is the intermediate level of the Project Controls classification hierarchy.
- Workers at this level are responsible for initiating and completing routine aspects of project control assignments with general oversight.
- Workers effectively apply fundamental project controls principles and procedures to work that is complex and varied.
- They have an understanding of associated project controls software.
- This position typically is assigned to multiple Green I or Green II projects per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix.
- The Project Controls Specialist II may have relationships with individuals of varying levels in various organizations. Project teams of external Suppliers/Vendors.
- The Project Controls Specialist II is responsible for developing the reporting systems for project controls assignments related to Cost, Schedule and Estimate.
- This individual performs complex aspects of scheduling, individual project estimating, change documentation and cost control while reporting up to program or portfolio level.
- This position supports the project management process by developing, maintaining, analyzing, reporting, and preparing critical path schedule networks as well as cost controls for the Nuclear Projects group. Schedule details range from Level I Program Summary Schedules to detailed Level III schedules in an integrated Master Schedule environment and may require Level IV Outage / Station Interface schedules on an as-needed basis.
- Assist with the project WBS development to assure alignment between the project cost estimate, project schedule, and project performance tracking system Ensure schedule governance requirements are achieved.
- Provide role/resource staffing plans for all projects and summarized resource needs for the department.
- Ensure project schedule quality for the department
- Provide comprehensive schedule analysis based on performance tracking data
- Establish and monitor effective schedule key performance indicators (KPIs)
- This position supports Project Managers and Project Directors on projects and programs of varying size and complexity
- 4-year degree – Business, Finance, Project Management, Engineering, technical, or equivalent and 5 + year of prior work related experience or 9 + years of prior work related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Graduation from a two-year college or university – business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of project controls experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of project controls experience in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of project controls principles.
- Working Knowledge to Proficiency with project management / project controls concepts / computer applications such as scheduling software, financial tools, spreadsheets; proven collaborative team member.
- PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable – PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Software such as MS Project, Primavera, Business Objects, Passport, MS Office Suite, Prolog, Visio, Powerplant, Emax, PeopleSoft.
- Proficiency with project management, project controls concepts, computer applications and analytics
- Risk management tools / Monte Carlo analysis Previous Experience with PRISM software environment
Capable of learning quickly, working independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to constant changing of work needs and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive result
- Demonstrated experience in making decisions, exercising good judgment and setting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with management
- Development / Generate Periodic Project Controls Reporting
- Responsible for gathering, verifying, validating and analyzing data in support of project controls reporting. Responsible for distributing and archiving project controls reports as appropriate. In addition, provide presentation quality report and be available to present if needed to project team/management team
- Track and manage changes to the project scope, schedule and cost baseline
- Identify, assess, gain approval for, and distribute change requests, change notices and/or change orders in a manner compliant with internal governance standards and terms and conditions of relevant contracts (as appropriate)
- Lead team through audit reviews and reporting Oversee Project Controls Benchmarking and Self- Assessment Initiatives Assist in scheduling and carrying out benchmarking and self -assessment initiatives relevant to project controls and the types of projects typically managed by the project controls group. Identify and communicate improvement opportunities, adoption of best practices and counter measures to address gaps in performance.
- Ancillary Duties (to consult and inform) Assist the work integration team with online and outage schedule development Provide scheduling support for outage vertical and horizontal reviews Provide support to the work integration team for work control T-week reviews
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.