Do you want to work for one of the largest Nuclear companies in North Carolina? They are currently looking for a Field Engineer (Electrical/I&C) to support their facility in Huntsville, North Carolina. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Field Engineer (Electrical/I&C)
Duration: Until June 2020
Location: Huntsville, North Carolina.
Tech Support is responsible for understanding the design and planning for their projects and for providing input into those products (i.e. drawings, work orders, Temporary Installation Procedures (TN), Temporary Test Procedures (TT), Instrument and Electrical Procedures (IP), Mechanical Maintenance Procedures (MP), Periodic Test Procedure (PT) etc… to ensure a quality product that can be implemented safely and within the defined scheduled time frame.
Tech Support is responsible for technical oversight during the implementation phase of assigned projects within their discipline (electrical, mech/civil) and act as a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for design and planning issues.
Listed below are the job functions/responsibilities of Tech Support:
- Perform thorough walk downs of the Systems, Structures and Components (SSC's) being modified with the Responsible Engineer (RE), Designer, Implementation Manager (IM) and Planner. This should occur prior to and during the design and planning phases of the projects to understand and provide input into the design and planning products (i.e. drawings, work orders, TN's, TT's, etc…) to ensure the project can be implemented safely, with quality and within the defined scheduled timeframe.
- Work with the (RE), Planner and Quality Control (QC) to understand the QC requirements for each implementation task and that the work order tasks are coded properly for QC inspections.
- Work with the Planner, IM and QC to ensure the correct procedures (IP's, MP's, PT's, TN's, TT's, etc…) are specified in the work orders.
- Tech Support will assist in development of TN's for the Modifications assigned, if needed.
- Tech Support to lead the review meetings with Craft, to ensure craft understands drawings, procedures prior to implementation.
- Provide technical oversight during the implementation phase of the project to ensure the project is being implemented as designed per Drawings and work order. It is expected that Tech Support be in the field during implementation approximately 80-90% of the time determined by the complexity, risk and schedule restraints of the project.
- Where design and/or planning requirements are not adhered to during implementation, Tech Support shall work with the IM and Craft to correct the issue.
- Where the project cannot be implemented as designed, Tech Support shall work with the (RE) and/or Designers to correct the design via an Engineering Change (EC) Revision.
- Tech Support shall be familiar with the AD-EG-ALL-1132 requirements for continuing field work without an approved EC Revision and work with the (RE) and IM to reduce the impact of stopping field work based on the AD-EG-ALL-1132 requirements as well as the risk associated with continuing work prior to an approved EC Revision. Where an EC Revision is required, Tech Support shall ensure the planner is notified where applicable to revise the work order planning.
- Where the project cannot be implemented as planned, Tech Support shall work with the Planner to have the work order re-planned as necessary.
- Tech Support will lead the validation of required TT's and TN's for an Engineering Change.