Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational Utilities companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for Corporate Business Analyst in Akron, OH
This position assists with the implementation of accounting policies/control and budget/forecast guidelines and provides overall support to ensure complete, accurate and timely charging in the field.
- Validating customer request work scheduling (CREWS) and SAP accounting information for work requests, internal orders and work breakdown structure (WBS) and related accounting settlement (i.e., O&M vs. Capital, Transmission vs. Distribution and FERC).
- Monitoring work request/project completion and assuring timely accounting close.
- Performing reconciliations of work performed and accounting settlement.
- Responding to inquiries from Operations personnel related to project accounting.
- Extracting, interpreting and explaining estimates of work developed in CREWS and geographic information system (GIS) systems.
- Providing problem analysis and resolution to assure CREWS work scope accurately records settlement of costs in SAP.
- Analyzing and unitizing blanket and specific WBS's.
- Aiding in the use of WMI project management reporting tools when available.
In addition to the above, level II responsibilities include:
- Determining causes of variances/discrepancies between actual and plan and communicating to local Finance and Operations leadership.
- Unitization/Close-out of construction work orders
- Review, Analyze & Resolve CWIP Charge Kickouts.
- Error resolution related to work flow process and interfaces between SAP, CREWS and PowerPlant.
- Providing a high level of customer service, continuous support, and proactive involvement to leadership and peers.
- Actively seeking ways to add value within scope of assignments
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees at all levels
- Offering ideas and suggestions to improve moderately complex work processes and/or projects
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel 2013 and other MS Office 365 products and comfortable with using database tools to research and compile data results.
- Up to 2 years of experience in Energy Delivery (ED) transmission/distribution systems
- Familiarity with work orders, materials accounting, billable jobbing, and expense versus capital.
- Exposure to Electric Utility Construction.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively convey information to various levels in an organization.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, provide excellent customer service, as well as work independently.
- Open and outgoing, well organized self-learner.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to manage a dynamic work environment with travel periodically between multiple local work locations.
- Familiarity with SAP (Orders, WBS and Cost Centers) and CREWS is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial processes and control procedures.