Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Drafter/Designer at one of their camp locations. The selected candidate will be flown in from Edmonton or Calgary by the client. This a 12- month contract position.
In this position you will be providing drafting support for the District Engineering team for both Maintenance and Continuous Improvement projects. It is expected you will be proficient with P&ID's, piping (ISO's & 3D), structural, along with Electrical & Instrumentation drawings. The software to be utilized includes AutoCAD, AVEVA 3D, Bluebeam and Navisworks.
- Updating CAD files from marked up hard-copies & PDF's.
- Updating 3D model based on completed scope with support from the PM.
- Creating CAD drawings from vendor packages & scanned copies.
- Supporting MOC project close-outs – generating As-Built.
- Generating BOM from new/updated drawings.
- Managing document revisions.
- Communication with Document Control Team in Calgary.
- Post-Secondary Engineering Design and Drafting Technology Diploma.
- AutoCAD, AVEVA, Navisworks Certification.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Understanding of documentation revision control and review/approval process.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize work requests and meet deadlines based on overall understanding of business impacts.
- Technical Drawing Literacy – Piping, Structural, Electrical, Instrumentation.
- Microsoft Office experience.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous support for an Operating Facility (Oil & gas, Chemical Processing, Industrial, etc.).
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.