Our Public Sector client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Microsoft Power BI Corporate Trainer (Business Intelligence Specialist for a 10+month contract opportunity.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to Support the creation of compelling, interactive, and actionable reporting using Power BI that helps in deriving meaningful business insights from large, complex datasets
Typical Day in Role:
Creating Power BI Reports.
- Coordinate, manage and integrate feedback from users re: report, dataset, system design and user material – Create user material, user manuals and other materials for the Power BI project.
- Develop processes, procedures and training for end-users to facilitate the efficient use of reporting tools and applications – Develop training materials for internal and external users.
- Tailor communication and training materials to multiple target audiences to support a smooth application release.
- Must have excellent communication abilities to create communication and instructional materials.
- Experience training others to use BI reporting tools.
- Validate data across datasets, reports, dashboards and support functional application testing.
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects.
- Supporting the full BI lifecycle from requirements analysis through design & development, and through release and support/maintenance.
- Be a highly motivated, flexible, and hard-working.
- Able to work independently and drive the work forward, driving progress and value.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- • Business Intelligence and Business Analysis professional.
- • Experience designing, developing, and deploying reporting solutions with Microsoft Power BI or Power BI and equivalent BI platforms, such as Tableau, Qlik.
- • Experience developing and leading application training including developing data dictionaries, user guides, tip sheets and demos.
- • Fluent in English and French communications and presentation skills (French language skills are an asset but not mandatory).
- • Excellent knowledge of Power BI functions and configuration options.
- • Excellent understanding of the Ontario Education system.
- • Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
- • Excellent knowledge of data management, analysis and reporting.
- • Experience publishing data to Open Data format is an asset.
- • Experience writing Structured Query Language (SQL) queries is an asset.
- • Critical & Creative thinking.
- • Enthusiasm for collaboration and continued learning.
- • Strong communication, team, and customer skills.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.