Our client is one of the world's largest multinational utility service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for Embedded Linux Software Developer in Markham, ON
If you have experience with the following, then we would like to meet with you.
- Seeking an Embedded Linux Software Developer to work on a small, agile team to develop technical proof of concepts for a hardware virtualization strategy utilizing Linux and Container specific technologies.
- Tasks include the design, implementation, testing and documenting Linux container-based C/C++ software applications.
- Strong C/C++ development skills
- Container technologies (including secure deployment and distribution)
- Message brokers: MQTT, REDIS
- APIs: REST, (g)RPC
- Experience with Perl, Bash scripting, Node.js
- Build systems: Make, CMake, Autotools, Conan
- Familiar with JSON and XML formats processing
- Linux UI design and frameworks, Node-RED
- Databases: (non)SQL, JSON based
- Ethernet, TCP/IP protocols
- Secure network protocols (SSH, SSL/TLS, SFTP, FTPS)
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix system configuration and startup
- DevOps, Agile technology (Jira), configuration management
- Unit testing (frameworks) and documentation
- Linux drivers and kernel modules development
- Embedded real-time software development and operating systems
- Experience in high-performance data processing, embedded device controls and user space drivers are pluses.
- Industrial communication protocols
Education: BSEE/BSCS or Equivalent.