The primary role of the incumbent will be to provide technical support and training to staff and contractors, to coordinate the development and implementation of the Project’s Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE) Management System and to provide advice and assistance to enable the Integrated Owner’s team to achieve zero harm at the construction site. The incumbent will be responsible to assist with the development and implementation of a number of programs and plans prior to and during construction and commissioning.
The successful candidate will work closely with the integrated team and contractors, to ensure they understand and follow the applicable legislative requirements. They will also monitor that all parties are complying with the HSER requirements of the Project, by auditing performance vs. the HSER Plan for compliance, and effectiveness of risk management programs, policies and procedures in the field.
- Assist the Project team and stakeholders with interpretation of the HSE Management Systems and rules; assist in communication with Plant HSER resources.
- Field visits to site to ensure compliance to Regulations, company standards as applicable, and the Project HSER program.
- Coordinate the field implementation and management of the specific NAPG HSER Execution Plan for Construction and Commissioning, including related project commitments.
- Conduct field assurance audits for key risk controls to assess effectiveness.
- Conduct audits of the risk management activities of contractors.
- Tracking of responses, and flagging/challenging where responses are backlogged, or inappropriate.
- Coaching of individuals in the project within the principles and values of the Project
- Regular interaction and advice to project personnel and workplace sites
- Participation and/or review of event analysis as assigned, for appropriate and timely responses
- Participation in review of accuracy of project KPIs for HSER
- Monitor the Projects MOL Correspondence and track project responses. Flag concerns with content or timelines to PM team
- Review Health programs of the integrated team legislation for compliance, as well as follow-up to workplace concerns
- Updating and modification of HSER related documents and tools for stakeholders as required
- Audit project team and contractor compliance and readiness on emergency preparedness (training, knowledge and drills)
- In conjunction with project management and/or project contractors, coordinate thorough analysis of all incidents and actively participate in High Potential event analysis using ICAM model of analysis
- Conduct unscheduled and scheduled inspections of work areas in conjunction with project management contractors and employees as appropriate
Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in an underground safety and health advisory role; Supervisor experience considered an asset.
Training: Underground Common Core required
Certification: CRSP or CSP preferred; other designations such as CHSC, CHSO, NCSO considered an asset
Other knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviours needed to perform this position:
- Independent self-starter with high degree of confidence and project acumen
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, negotiations and communication skills
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with key business partners
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate across all level of the organization
- Customer (internal/external) Centric
- Leader of change
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.