One of our utilities clients has an immediate need for a Server Architect to design/architect, implement, and administer on premise server infrastructure and Microsoft Cloud services using industry and security best practices. This role will be located at their office in Regina Saskatchewan.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading with the design, implementation, documentation, and troubleshooting of the enterprise server environment.
- Helps prepare plans for development and installation of server and storage according to present and future requirements.
- Provides expert technical support, administration, and engineering on Microsoft and VMware vSphere environments.
- Leads the monitoring, performance tunes, troubleshooting and resolution of system problems to ensure system availability.
- Provides expert technical support with the VMware environment including but not limited to VMware vSphere and VMware Horizon.
- Manage and maintain server disaster recovery including planning, implementation, maintenance and testing.
- Leads and manages the configuration, administration, upgrade, and maintenance of corporate and DR servers and related infrastructure as well as the Storage Environment.
- Interacts with our user base (corporate and field employees) on an as needed basis regarding technology issues and escalations.
- Provides infrastructure architecture recommendations.
- Works with server patch management processes and procedures to facilitate deployment.
- Maintains systems integrity through change control and problem management procedures and communication with internal customers.
- Accomplishes department objectives by leading staff; organizing and monitoring work process.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures when carrying out position responsibilities.
- Attends and participates in team meetings.
- Works with the Enterprise and Solution Architecture team and other business leads to establish scalable server and storage solutions.
- Act as a representative of Information Systems.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years of recent and practical server administration experience, including several years in a lead enterprise level server architect role that incorporates Microsoft Cloud services.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft on premise server architecture, design, and implementation.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Cloud (0365, Azure) architecture, design and services.
- Proven proficiency in VMware vSphere architecture, design, and implementation.
- Proven proficiency with server and storage security best practices.
- Experience in influencing and establishing collaboration direction within an organization.
- Understanding of enterprise level server and cloud architecture.
- Understanding of integrations of an on-premise environment and the cloud.
- North American job experience.
- If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.