Director of Rail Services: Civil Engineer (P.Eng) with strong technical skills, some leadership experience (leads a team of technical sales professionals, engineers & admin, along with indirect responsible for project teams), technical sales experience with 8-10 years of total experience. Strong presence, confident communicator. Railway background is not required as this role is a development opportunity for career progression to a general manager.
Client is currently seeking applications for a Director of Rail Services located in Saint John, New Brunswick with responsibilities in Atlantic Canada and the New England States in the US.
This position reports to the General Manager.
- Contributing to the success of this senior management position is responsible for growing and leading the Rail Services business in Canada and North Eastern US;
- Ownership of the P&L for Rail Services, Develops and manages performance targets, improvement initiatives, building teamwork, and overall business leadership;
- Leads in the areas of project management, sales, operational excellence, customer service , continuous improvement/optimization, safety , and teamwork;
- Responsible for developing and leading job analysis, quoting, forecasting, cost control, and all aspects of project management;
- Manages annual strategic planning, and the budgeting for the area of responsibility;
- Promotes a safe work environment in all activities; includes compliance to regulatory requirements & company policies and communicating and rectifying safety concerns;
- Develops, leads and motivates team.
Education Requirements – Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering. MBA would be considered an asset;
- 5-10 years of leadership experience;
- Possess strong leadership skills and behaviors with an emphasis on project management, efficient operations and quality work;
- Exceptional communication and problem solving skills with a proven track record of growing a business, and managing deadlines and priorities;
- The ability to develop, motivates, and fosters positive relationships with customers and team.