Service Rig Floorhand
- Belle Plaine, Saskatchewan
- $34.13 per hour, 12-hr Day Shift
- Contract possible with possible extension based on work performance
- PPE and Work Attire provided, Must Have Work Boots
- Must be able to pass Medical Assessment, Drug & Alcohol Testing, and have a Clean Drivers Abstract
- Criminal Record Check required
- LOA, Accommodations or Travel will not be provided
Ian Martin Workforce is working with the largest produce of potash and phosphate fertilizers in the world and they are looking for a few Floorhands to work with them this season. You will be responsible to safely carry out numerous tasks on a service rig in an industrial setting including: Rig Maintenance, Equipment Maintenance, Housekeeping & 5S, Training Modules, Safety Training, participate in the safety program, Operation of Power Tongs, Operation of the Laydown Trailer, stocking and maintain parts inventory.
You will be…
- Operating equipment and maintain a service rig, perform maintenance, housekeeping while keeping safety at the highest level
- Train and be open to mentorship from your Derrickman and Operator using our core values.
- Maintain a positive attitude and work cooperatively with other departments and employees on site.
- Responsible to ensure that yourself and crew adhere to completing quality Safe Work Plans, Daily Rig and Equipment inspections, Hazard Identification and Risk Mitigation.
- Communicate to and with your crew your questions and needs to effectively learn about the equipment, safety, mining process and environment.
- Participate in morning shift starts and be actively engaged in discussions.
This is the right job for you because…
- Valid Class 3 Drivers License or higher with Clean Abstract would be an asset but not required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Service Rig experience is preferred
- Reliable, Punctual, Dependable, can fully commit to schedule
- Strong Safe Working Attitude, Respectful of Coworkers with Excellent Communications Skills (both verbal and written)
- Troubleshooting and Mechanical Aptitude
- Willingness to Improve and Enforce Policies and Procedures
- Willingness to learn and complete additional training
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.