Our client is one of Canada’s largest Heavy Oil and Gas producers. They have an immediate need for a Pipeline Data Analyst to join their team in Lloydminster for a one year contract opportunity.
The Data Analysts will be a part of the POMM Implementation project within HOG. Core responsibilities will include locating and reviewing historical project files, EWR’s, and pipeline construction packages in order to compare PL-100 information that we currently have on record with what is actually existing. All data conflicts will need to be identified, confirmed, and amended with the goal being to have pipeline SAP data accurate to what is actually existing. Currently it is estimated that 70-80% of all pipeline data in Saskatchewan cold contains errors. This will be a 1-year contract position.
- Pipeline data validation – locating and comparing project files, EWRs, PARFS, and Construction Packages to determine what pipeline data is correct and ensuring that proper amendments are submitted to correct all erroneous data.
- Help develop better practices and processes for data management to ensure that any future pipeline changes (including new construction) have correct information given to our systems of record (SAP / GIS)
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 years Project Engineering experience
- Experience in reading P& ID’s specific to pipelines
- Minimum 5 years of applicable experience in the petroleum industry, preferably in oil and gas operations with experience in upstream pipeline operations
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive team-oriented attitude
NICE HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
- Technical Diploma from accredited post secondary institute
- Engineering Degree (P. Eng) from accredited post secondary institute
- Previous experience in SAP and Appian
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the application of CSA Z662 Pipeline Standard
- Familiarity with systems, including Abadata, Accumap, and SAP
- Working knowledge of Pipeline Operations and Maintenance
- Familiarity with upstream pipeline systems (fuel gas, salt water, oil emulsion, etc.) and associated maintenance activities (corrosion monitoring, CP, pigging, etc.)
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.