Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Drilling Specialist to join their team in Newfoundland. This a 6-month contract position.
The Drilling Specialist is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day coordination of all rig related operations. This role includes interactions with the rig contractor, 3rd party service companies and the client’s offshore operations team, and carries the responsibility for the safe operations at the rig site with respect to the execution of the work. The Drilling Specialist also ensures the work is conducted in accordance with company policy, the relevant regulations and the particular well program. Offshore travel may be required.
- Provide leadership and focus for drilling, completions and subsea operations to ensure a safe, compliant, cost-effective operation that delivers quality wells.
- Provide expert advice and assistance to the drilling superintendent and drilling engineers, drilling supervisors and managers on operations related issues.
- Demonstrate leadership in the aspects of Safety Management and regulatory compliance.
- Make technical reviews and evaluations of proposals for drilling equipment and procedures to ensure efficient and economic drilling operations, originate ideas for improvement, recommend new or change procedures, analyze and solve problems, work on special projects, and participate in training engineers and supervisors.
- Decision making with assessment of the possible risks.
- Act as a designate for the Drilling Superintendent.
- Close coordination with Well Design and Reservoir/G&G.
- 20 years of operational experience in floating drilling and completions activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of service providers.
- Ability to work in harsh environments, Deep Water, and HPHT drilling Operations.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.