We are looking for a Project Manager, on behalf of one of the largest natural gas distributors in North America.
The Sr. Project Manager or Specialist Projects is responsible for the overall management of multiple capital projects in the Core Projects group, within assigned areas of responsibility. There is an emphasis on pipeline integrity project execution. Accountable to manage the overall project to meet its cost, schedule, scope, safety, quality, and risk objectives. Project budgets can range from multiple $2MM/yr. single-year projects that are part of an integrity program to individual $30MM/year multiple-year projects. These will be brownfield projects of medium complexity.
- Lead the project team and is accountable for overall project results.
- Accountable for the project to meet overall objectives and ensure resolution of issues (safety, scope, schedule, cost, quality, etc.) that arise across functional departments.
- Leads the cross-functional team and manages project activities to meet the project-specific objectives.
- Coordination of cross-functional activities and issue resolution.
- Macroscope management that can affect the approved budget and in-service date (ISD).
- Communicates with project sponsor including requests for additional funding and/or ISD change.
- Coordinates input to project reporting and fiscal forecasting.
- Maintains control over the project by monitoring performance and ensuring corrective actions are taken to deal with variances from the project plan.
- Management of contingency and ensure the change management processes are implemented.
- Demonstrate influential leadership to the project team.
- Accountable for following stage-gate process and project control plan to ensure deliverables are completed.
- Leads project team meetings and communication.
- Responsible to coordinate and communicate critical project milestones (i.e. ready to start construction, introduce the product, notice of in-service) and ensure assets are ready to operate (readiness reviews).
- Identify project risks, exposures, and opportunities that may impact the success of the subject projects. Develop and maintain the Project Risk Tracker for each assigned project.
- Facilitates forums/ communication channels and the issuance of reports that reflect the status and health of the assigned projects to the appropriate Management groups.
- Serve as the focal point for project and service activities performed by the Core Project Department and non-technical support groups for both internal and external customers.
- Interact indirectly with outside agencies to coordinate the development, implementation, and completion of Core Project Department projects (includes certification filings, technical responses to Agency requests, and Agency project reporting).
- Responsible for the development, negotiation, and approval of agreements (includes construction and ownership agreements, line relocation agreements, and reimbursement agreements,).
- Provide leadership to formulate strategies and make decisions regarding project execution, contractor selection, project scope, budget, and performance.
- Support Project Development activities
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline with a minimum of seven years of diversified project experience in the energy industry OR Bachelor’s or Associate's degree in a technical or business-related discipline with a minimum of ten years of diversified project experience in the energy industry.
- Professional Engineering registration.
- Project Management Professional certification.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with office computer applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to write in a clear, concise, and organized manner using correct grammar.
- Must have demonstrated excellent human relations, influencing, and listening skills to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and prioritize work in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems by using analytical skills to reach a logical conclusion.
- Capable of multi-tasking numerous projects at once and working within deadlines.
- Experience with gas transmission operations.
- Basic understanding of pipeline commercial operations and energy markets.
- Knowledge of FERC Regulated Projects.
- Knowledge of GTM US assets.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and promptly identify potential problems and take corrective action before they become crisis by using analytical skills to reach a logical conclusion.
- Ability to develop collaborative working relationships with other departments to achieve goals.
- Understanding of project execution, cost management, and regulatory functions.
- Competent in team leadership, risk analysis, negotiations, and communications