On behalf of our client, a leader in natural gas distribution, we are looking for an Application Developer to join their team on a contractual basis.
- The purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise for the implementation and support of systems that meet requirements of a given functional area (GIS Services, Operational Compliance, Pipeline Integrity, Underground Storage, As-Built) via active participation in a cohesive team.
- This includes implementing projects such as the Alliance transition, OneGIS and supporting existing applications.
- Applies deep gas business knowledge and technical expertise to develop complex software solutions for Operations Applications and other departments to include, but not limited to, programming, configuring, testing, and debugging software that may include custom, cloud or packaged software.
- Contributes or leads in all phases of the SDLC which include systems analysis, requirement gathering, designing, coding, test reviews, and analysis, implementing, maintaining, documenting and supporting business applications, third party software, cloud or packaged applications.
- Design and support technical solutions on Azure that address customer’s requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance.
- Contributes to problem reviews and determination of strategies to prevent problem re-occurrences.
- Works closely with our business users to determine and fully understand their functional and data requirements for new or existing applications and translates to technical specifications or configurations.
- Identifies and drives process improvement opportunities, and implements solutions utilizing current and emerging technologies.
- Addresses technical strategies to ensure adherence to security, business continuity, and compliance requirements.
- Leads and reviews the work of other developers and quality assurance analysts.
- Partners with external vendors to implement security, data, and other changes as needed.
- Evaluates software and related hardware and firmware required for the application.
- Analyzes software performance and assist in establishing acceptable performance levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related technical discipline.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of related technical experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience building, designing and implementing applications in Azure and Azure services such as flow and logic apps.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in designing and developing Windows applications, web applications, and web services.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong customer service focuses on understanding and meeting the needs of our business partners.
- Self-motivated and innovative.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience using Agile and Waterfall Development methodologies.
- Experience in the gas industry and related applications a plus.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- In-depth understanding of the MS Power Platform: Power BI, Power Apps, Flow.
- Experience with azure components and services – functions, storage, key vault, SQL and Azure dev Ops.
- Familiar with the SharePoint framework and workflow development.
- Full Life Cycle (SDLC) Microsoft .NET application design and development experience.
- Proficient in SQL, SQL Server, SQL Server technologies including SSRS, SSIS, and SSAS.
- Solid understanding with various development tools: TFS, Visual Studio, TOAD, and, MS Enterprise Library and other MS tools.