The Ian Martin Group is looking for an Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer Intern, for a summer contract opportunity with one of our clients. In this role, the intern will be supporting a dynamic engineering team and assisting the greater organization in achieving its goals and objectives as an active participant. They will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of mechanical, electrical and controls engineering.
In this role, you will develop the following skills:
- Read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical journals and contract documents.
- Effectively present information to project and functional management and to customers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Synthesize information from different engineering disciplines.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- University degree or enrollment in Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Manufacturing, Mechatronics, Industrial, Software, System), or equivalent related discipline.
- Open to both current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term and recent graduates who have completed their studies within the past 2 years.
- Self-motivated, quick to deliver and a team player.
- Strong organizational, communication and PC skills are required.
- Able to demonstrate a dedication to safety.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and document technical information.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently. Strong problem-solving skills