We have an immediate opening for a “Cloud Infrastructure Engineer” for a 6-months opportunity in Glen Allen, VA
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
- We are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our team in Glen Allen, VA. In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Microsoft Azure cloud management & administration including environment provisioning, configuration, performance monitoring (response times, latency, up-time, etc.) and security
- Day to day administration & operation of application components in a hybrid .NET/Java PaaS & IaaS environment (Windows & Linux )
- Development of scripts/tools to ensure streamlined/automated application & infrastructure deployment
- Deployment of end-to-end cloud solutions utilizing a variety of PaaS/IaaS technologies & supporting middleware/data tier technology stacks such as message queues, web/worker roles, database engines, enterprise search and accompanying monitoring solutions
- Development & implementation of backup and recovery best practices & technologies to ensure critical systems are protected from data loss & disasters
- Development & implementation of automation solutions, processes and tools in support of the cloud life-cycle; including infrastructure & application up-time, availability, and performance monitoring
- Ensuring all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards
- Analyzing existing operational procedures and presenting recommendations for the improvement and development of applicable improvements
- Supporting systems serving applications both international and domestic clients
- 10 years’ experience in Software Engineering OR BS degree with:
- 5 years of experience in Software Engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud components, implementation & support
- Competence in a range of IT skills including
- Network (vlans, subnetting, ACLs, firewalls)
- Windows & Linux – System administration (virtualization, backup, DR, HA, security, Active Directory) in Windows & Linux
- Back-up / Recovery
- Database management (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Scripting (Bash/PowerShell/equiv.)
- Experience with ITIL (incident management & change management)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted