Our client is one of North America’s leading Integrated Oil Companies. They have an immediate need for a Turnaround Logistics Coordinator to join their team for a nine (9) month contract opportunity. This role will be located in their thermal heavy oil operation and you will be flown in and out by our client. This is a 10 on, 4 off rotation working twelve hour days.
Our client is currently seeking a Turnaround Logistics Coordinator for the preparation and execution of the Planned May 2019 Turnaround. The successful candidate will liaise with various corporate and on-site departments to assure the strategic management of materials, rentals, flights and camp accommodations, temporary infrastructure facilities and associated maintenance. The candidate will work hand in hand with the site Senior Supervisor Camp and Site Logistics in the execution of their duties. This assignment will end in August or September of 2019 but may be extended for the 2020 Turnaround preparations and if extended may include non-related duties. Responsibilities are not limited to those listed below.
- Play a lead role in the design and development of the temporary Turnaround Village and liaising with Site HSE representatives to ensure safety and emergency response requirements and effectiveness are integrated in the design
- Assist the Turnaround Planner in the ordering and storage of materials in liaising with SCM and warehouse
- Liaise with Supply Chain Management/Procurement in the follow up and expediting of ordered materials. Tracking of POs and reporting on status to the T/A manager
- Liaise with Supply Chain Management to identify infrastructure and logistics service requirements and vendors. Lead the development of Scope of Work documents for RFPs and participate in selecting the appropriate vendors. Maximize the usage of vendors with existing contracts as much as possible
- Liaise with warehouse personnel to affect efficient materials bonding, kitting and kit distribution. Oversee and be current with the Turnaround materials laydown areas
- Liaise with Supply Chain Management in identifying, procuring and tracking needed equipment rentals. Coordinate with TA Planner and identify the specifications of the required rental equipment. Overlaying site plot plans with rental equipment locations and movements
- Liaise with site environmental personnel for waste management and disposal coordination
- Develop site plot plans to identify turnaround areas, restricted areas, the Turnaround village and camp areas as well as both vehicle and foot travel routes. Be responsible to communicate road and or other route closures.
- Work with Various Turnaround stakeholders in identifying their site requirements
- Manage the Turnaround Village housekeeping, water and sewage service providers and track their costs. Address any camp, dining room and catering concerns with the Senior Supervisor Camp and Site Logistics
- Lead small Turnaround infrastructure related projects. Lead progress meetings with various Turnaround infrastructure contractors
- Lead the tracking and reporting of various infrastructure related action items and initiatives
- Develop logistics budgets, manage costs and reporting
- Participate in Contractor Turnaround Kick Off meetings and outline expectations with regards to Camp and Travel bookings, restricted areas and travel routes
- Maintain Daily contractor on site personnel counts and report as required. Input to any evacuation logistical requirements should this become necessary due to Wild Fire or other emergency situations.
- 5 years experience working in Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 5 years experience working in an operating petrochemical facility
- Experience in construction/project Management
- Must be highly competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, follow up and meet deadlines
- Experience with the SAP PM module is a must
- Must have good interpersonal skills
NICE to HAVE:
- Engineering degree in Civil or Mechanical or equivalent training
- Maintenance Planning/Scheduling certification
- Training and/or certification relating to logistics
- MMP certification or Training
- Experience in Maintenance Planning or Scheduling in an industrial environment
- Experience in Turnaround logistics
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.