Maintenance Journeyman Millwright
- Aurora, Ontario
- Certification of Qualification Required
- Permanent, $31 to $33 per hour depending on experience plus Shift Premiums
- Rotating Continental Shifts
- Company Paid Benefits, Profit Sharing, RRSP Matching Program, Education Assistance Annual Footwear Allowance
- Hot Meals provided each day (breakfast and lunch), Monday to Thursday, drinks and snacks always available
- Uniforms and PPE supplied
Are you looking to work at a company where you are recognized for your contribution? A place where you are a valued from the top down?
Ian Martin Workforce is working with an innovative client that is a leader in thin wall plastic injection moulding. They make premium quality products that are environmentally-conscious for the foodservice customers and everyday consumers.
As our new Maintenance Millwright, you are self-motivated to maintain and improve condition of the equipment around you. You are comfortable working independently and a strong communicator to let your team know what needs to be done. You share your knowledge with those around you to help improve everyone’s ability to work smarter.
You will be:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot injection moulding equipment, robotics and other mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators, according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls (PLCs)
- Participates in projects, such as installations, start-ups, and shutdown, and emergency maintenance requests as required
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Modify, repair or replace parts of machinery to maintain production capacity.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance and continuous improvement in order to improve on plant reliability.
- Inspects, lubricates, measures, replaces parts in accordance with the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices, such as cranes, jacks and lifts, to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Operate machine tools, such as lathes and grinders, to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Maintain effective verbal and non-verbal communication within maintenance team, other technicians and engineers
- Maintain a safe, clean work area and follows all safety procedures and other standards
- Document activities and generates data such as log books, work orders, hazard report, incident report and emails.
- Receive necessary trainings and trains other co-workers.
- Certification of Qualification Journeyman Millwright (433A) required
- 3 – 5 years of post-license experience; injection moulding or industrial manufacturing experience preferred
- Able to troubleshoot Electrical systems (no high voltage work), injection moulding machines and robots
- Excellent at troubleshooting and creative thinking
- Strong understanding of computerized machinery and PLCs
- Ability to read and write English
- Able to take ownership and work independently
- Comply with Health & Safety and maintain a safe work environment
- Accountable, Reliable, Dependable, Self-motivated, and takes pride in your work
- Flexible to work Rotating Shifts (2 weeks of Days and 2 weeks of Nights, 12-hour shift, 7 to 7)
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861. If you text, please include your name and position you’re interested in.