Our Lloydminster based integrated energy company requires a Maintenance Planner / Scheduler to join their team for a one year contract position. This role is scheduled to begin in early 2019.
REASON FOR OPENING/PROJECT:
- To backfill for contractor that has transitioned into another role within the organization
- This team supports Maintenance and Reliability for Lloydminster Midstream Pipelines and Terminals. The position will require working with a multi-discipline execution team consisting of Maintenance trades, Planning, Operations and Engineers
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
- This is a great opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Scheduler with previous experience working with multi-disciplined teams consisting of Maintenance trades, Planning, Operations and Engineers to review, prioritize and schedule maintenance activities
This position will be reporting to the Maintenance and Reliability Manager and will be managing resource capacity and assigning resources to execute planned maintenance work in the Lloydminster area. The Scheduler must demonstrate strong maintenance scheduling knowledge and be proficient in the use of Graphical Work Order Scheduling software (GWOS). The position will require working with a multi-discipline execution team consisting of Maintenance trades, Planning, Operations and Engineers to review, prioritize and schedule maintenance activities. This role requires a highly professional and personable individual who demonstrates strong business judgment and has the ability to network, communicate, organize, and work in a busy environment with multiple stakeholders
- Lead weekly review meetings with Operations, Maintenance, Planning and Engineering to review and prioritize ongoing and upcoming planned work.
- Update the maintenance work schedule to reflect changing site conditions.
- Monitor the maintenance work schedule to identify critical paths and potential delays.
- Communicate the maintenance work schedule to Operations.
- Manage resource capacity and assign resources to execute planned and unplanned maintenance work.
- Participate in monthly cost review and annual budget development meetings.
- Support Maintenance Planning team as required
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 5 years related maintenance scheduling industrial experience in oil and gas, maximum of 8-10 years of related experience.
- Demonstrate strong maintenance scheduling knowledge
- Proficient in the use of Graphical Work Order Scheduling software (GWOS) or Primavera work scheduling
- Good working knowledge and experience with SAP Plant Maintenance module is necessary
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word
- Class 5 license and clean drivers abstract.
- Knowledge and experience with safe work practices in oil and gas pipeline accompanied by a superior safety attitude
- 3M Facepiece Fit Test
- SCBA – Facepiece Fit, Practical
- Basic/Standard First Aid/CPRA/AED
- Fall Protection Training: 3 years
- Fire Extinguisher (must be live fire and using actual extinguisher)
- H2S Alive – Enform / Energy Safety Canada
- Industry Ground Disturbance 201 Standard – Supervisory (ABCGA Endorsed)
- Confined Space – Entry
- Detection and Control of Flammable Substances Certificate (aka Gas Detection)
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Familiarity with oil and gas pipeline maintenance and operations would be an asset
- Operations and or Maintenance work experience Background Electrical & Instrumentation would be an asset
- Cost estimation training
- Knowledge of maintenance philosophies, standards, strategies, practices, and processes within the energy industry
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to set priorities
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and sound judgement
- Strong communication
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.