- Oshawa, Ontario
- Contract, Rotating Shift, Monday to Friday
- $34 per hour
- Contract Duration: approximately 1 year
Do you like to make sure that every line is running to its fullest capacity? Do you need to be in fast-paced environment? Well we have the best job for you!
Ian Martin Workforce is working with the leading Automotive company that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Greenest Employers, and Greater Toronto’s Top Employer. They have been in business for over 100 years and innovation driven.
As our new Maintenance Supervisor, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, guiding and directing a multi-trade maintenance team. Your experience and knowledge will be an asset to ensure that production keeps going.
Your tasks will include:
- Implements and actively supports the plant and corporate safety policies and initiatives
- Responsible to diagnose equipment malfunction, determine root cause and initiate immediate and long-term corrections
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material and equipment in supporting SPQRC initiatives
- Implements safety and good housekeeping standards
- Trains, develops, and evaluates employees
- Complies with terms of Local and National Labor agreements and supports divisional and corporate policies
- Initiates contact with others outside of work group when required to solve problems
- Implements planned maintenance activities
- Completes work assignments required within budget, manpower and timing constraints
- Will establish, implement and maintain long-range plans for improvement of maintenance activities and provide technical assistance to the manufacturing departments supported
- Must support plant in achieving Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness and Cost goals
- Must be willing to work any assigned shift, work daily, weekend, and holiday overtime as required
- Supports/implements the QS9000/ISO14001/(GMS) Global Manufacturing System compliance processes
Working with Ian Martin Group to Find Your Next Career
We’re a big company with a lot of history, but with a personalized approach and a genuine interest in finding you your perfect fit. We work with companies that take a lot of pride in what they do – just like us. We will support you through the interview process as well as the duration of your assignment with a dedicated member of our team there for you if you have any questions or concerns. We are here for you as much as we are for the companies we work with.
- Experience or Certifications as a Maintenance Journeyman is preferred but not required
- At least 10 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience in supervision of multi-trade workforce
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employee and elicit work output Ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical concepts
- Experience in machine, assembly and/or facility areas
- Training in skilled trades area or equivalent technical training
- Knowledge of and ability to insure a safe industrial work environment
- Completion of High School or GED
- Clear Criminal Background Check
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861. If you text, please include your name and position you’re interested in.