Our client is one of North America’s leading Integrated Oil Companies. They have an immediate need for a Field Maintenance Supervisor to join their team for a twelve (12) month contract opportunity. This role will be located at their Tucker Thermal heavy Oil facility just east of Cold Lake Alberta.
This role requires a highly professional and personable individual who demonstrates strong business judgment, clear and concise communication, organizational skills, and who enjoys working in a busy environment with significant growth opportunities. This individual must interact with all stakeholders and foster a One Team, One Goal concept. Safety, reliability and efficiencies are predominant areas of focus.
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor, Maintenance – Thermal, the Field Maintenance Supervisor is assigned to one or more Thermal facilities. The Field Maintenance Supervisor provides leadership and supervision to the relevant contractors in their area and oversees and often executes all maintenance activities within their discipline. The Field Maintenance Supervisor ensures adherence to safe working practices and procedures and is the subject matter expert within their chosen discipline(s).
- Collaborate in Turnaround and Shutdown planning, supervision and execution.
- Supervise, observe, train and audit the work of technicians responsible for performing mechanical maintenance tasks. Technical review of vendor time tickets and/or invoices.
- Provide subject matter expertise for MOCs, EWRs, and district initiatives
- Work with the sites Planners to perform upfront scoping and task list creation for maintenance activities
- Work with the sites Scheduler & Planners to determine capacity of resources and required time allotments for maintenance activities
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
Must Have Skills:
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a maintenance role
- Knowledge and experience with safe work practices in oil and gas production accompanied by a superior safety attitude
- Working knowledge of MOC process
- Good working knowledge and experience with a Computer Centralized Maintenance System (CCMS), e.g. SAP PM, Maximo
- Strong understanding of operational integrity, reliability and safety processes and procedures.
- Experience with contractor management
Nice to Have Skills:
- Bachelors Degree or Technical Diploma
- Journeyperson Pipefitter trade certificate
- Inter-provincial certification as a Pipefitter
- Minimum of five years' experience with maintenance philosophies, standards, strategies, practices, and processes within the energy industry
- Minimum of five years of working knowledge of applicable energy industry Codes, Standards, Regulations, and Acts; design and construction practices; pressure and rotating equipment; electrical; instrumentation and controls; and operating process principles
- Experience working in a thermal oil facility
- Good working knowledge and experience with a Centralized Maintenance Scheduling System, e.g. GWOS, Primavera
- Familiarity of Thermal Oil operating principles
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.