Our Pipeline client is looking for an Engineer with extensive experience with MOC processes.
Our client's Management of Change (MOC) Program is a key component of their Process Safety Management. Therefore, this position will be responsible for coordinating the review, development, update, and maintenance of their MOC Process and Tool.
In addition, this position will support their new MOC initiative by applying technical expertise in the discipline of Management of Change and provide input to the, workflows development, and the roll out training.
- Supporting the development and success of their MOC initiative of a new processes , and rollout by performing the following:
- perform industry research of MOC literature and industry best practices to be incorporated into a new MOC process
- develop strong working relationships with stakeholder departments to facilitate active engagement and buy-in
- leading and facilitating workshops in the development of new company standards, processes, and deliverables
- applying knowledge of MOC fundamentals and best practices in the development of new governing documentation and processes
- ability to support an IT component in the evaluation of software alternatives, stakeholder requirements, and user acceptance testing
- execute implementation and training plan for business unit wide rollout and training
- Support the MOC Team, stakeholders, and management through the MOC Process and Tool through:
- assessing change requests to determine the technical and business impact to the company and the affected stakeholders
- prioritizing and managing change requests to meet required goals and risk tolerance
- facilitating technical support from internal and external stakeholders to develop, assign, monitor and complete pre- and post-modification plans
- ensuring compliance with record management and retention policies
- ensure compliance to MOC element Management System Framework (MSF)
- address the findings from internal and external reviews, audits and assessments related to MOC processes
- Provide guidance and assist in the development of MOC training material
- Adhering and supporting Program Metrics, Growth, Special Initiatives, and Industry Outreach
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Support the development and reporting of Key performance Indicator, for example timely closure of MOC’s
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Assign accountabilities, responsibilities, and competency requirements for each member in the MOC process
- Develop and implement regular reports for management
- Accountable for the development of changes to technology and facilities which may impact
- public, environment, assets, and reputation
- safety, cost, operability, and reliability of pipeline facilities]
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university or a Technologist diploma in engineering from an accredited Technical Institute
- Professional Engineering designation with APEGA or a CET/PTech designation with ASET
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive technical engineering experience working with Process Safety Management and Management of Change
- Functional understanding of facility and pipeline stakeholders is an asset
- Ability to change/develop/plan new strategies in a dynamic environment to achieve desired goals
- Deep commitment to continuous improvement
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Solid planning, organizing and leadership skills
- Strong problem solving and technical skills
- Preference will be given to candidates who have an ability to legally work and travel in both Canada and the US
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.