Our Public Sector Client in Brampton, ON is looking to hire a Organizational Development Manager for a 12+ months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a Organizational Development Manager, he/she is responsible to design, develop, procure and deliver organizational, leader and team strategies. While working with a diverse team, you will support the organization’s Strategic Goals and Priorities, Vision, Mission and Values
- Lead the development and implementation of effective OD practices, programs and processes in transformational leadership, talent management, change management, employee engagement, team effectiveness, organizational design and performance management.
- Lead and support performance excellence initiatives using system wide application of behavioral science theory, business best practices and improvement methodologies.
- Support the organization’s performance management system and practices.
- Lead the development and implementation of the leadership development program, change management strategies, orientation, and facilitative planning to build organizational capacity.
- Lead talent management initiatives to provide expertise, consultation and implementation support to staff and leaders in organizational wide initiatives that are aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Research and prepare proposals for external funding for organizational development initiatives.
- Works with the VP, People & Director, HROD to develop the learning strategy for the organization.
- Utilize change management best practices to support organizational change, partnering with leadership teams to support successful implementation of change initiatives.
- Responsible for structured change management approach and methodology to deliver and manage the completion of several deliverables.
- Develop a change management strategy based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change
- Conduct assessments as required to determine: the change impact and change readiness across impacted stakeholder groups; leadership support and readiness.
- Develop a change management strategy based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change.
- Work in collaboration with industry partners OD functions that support regional initiatives
Skills & Qualifications:
- Completion of a master’s program in Adult Education, Organizational Development, Human Resources or Psychology. A Master’s degree and an undergraduate degree in behavioral science may also be considered. A focus on change management preferred.
- CHRM or CHRP designation an asset.
- Certification in behavioral psychometric testing an asset
- Five years progressive organizational development experience, including at least three years in an organizational Development management role.
- Experience in healthcare preferred.
- Experience providing services in change enablement areas including leadership development, stakeholder management, organizational design, training, workforce strategies, talent management and culture enhancement.
- Experience/knowledge of Organizational Development tools, methodologies and facilitation techniques.
- Knowledge of adult education theories, practices and trends.
- Experience with change management initiatives.
- Knowledge and understanding of the community health and long-term care within the context of the broader health care system.
- Knowledge of quality management principles.
- Knowledge management framework experience.
- Strong leadership skill and demonstrated success in leading high performing team.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively bring teams together and successful outcomes.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills to identify appropriate responses to issues or problems in the face of conflicting needs
- Ability to implement change management strategies using consultation, facilitation, negotiation, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to meet competing, challenging and changing priorities in a short time period.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Is a ‘competent person’ as defined by the Occupational Health & Safety Act, and responsible for duties as outlined in the Occupational Health & Safety Act in section 27(1).
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”