On behalf of our client we are looking for a senior level project manager who will be leading a project delivery team responsible for the design, planning, scheduling and execution of projects and shutdowns of a number of underground mines in Northern Ontario and Manitoba.
- Develop, and implement HSE plans
- Working with site operational teams, lead the design, planning, scheduling and execution of approved projects and shutdowns
- Plan and develop schedules for projects and shutdowns based on Master Schedules and the 5 year strategic plans. Manage the execution of these projects according to the schedules, identifying opportunities to reduce downtime or maximize business value.
- Ensure compliance processes are in place
- Working with various site stakeholders, develop project budgets and identify cost savings where possible.
- Build project delivery team
- Lead shutdown coordination with Integrated Business Planning groups, external companies, contractors, Operations and Procurement to determine best time slots for shutdowns and projects.
- Develop and manage project systems, processes, procedures, standards, reporting, KPIs, analysis and tools
- Lead contract management comprising of managing strategic relationships in 3 provinces and a total yearly spend of $165M.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or a related technical field.
- A Professional Engineering designation with experience in mining is preferred and/or a PMP or similar project management designation is considered an asset.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience is required with a minimum of 8 years in a project management related role and/or progressive supervisory experience.
- Strong Project Management knowledge and skills.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in building and leading teams across geographies
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach, influence and collaborate with others to build effective working relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Software skills in MS Office products, MS Project and CMMS systems (SAP).