Project and Shutdown Delivery Surface Operations
This role will lead the operations in effective project and shutdown management that ensures the successful delivery of all project elements to specified levels of safety, scope, schedule, quality and cost.
- Safety – Develop, implement, and monitor departmental and project specific safety plans. Coach team members in company safety principles. Implement contractors HSE program for Project & Shutdown Delivery projects.
- Scope – Lead the design, planning, scheduling and execution of approved projects and shutdowns in collaboration with the site operational teams
- Schedule – Plan and develop schedules for projects and shutdowns based on approved projects in the Operating Master Schedules and the 5 year strategic plans. Manage the execution of these projects according to the schedules provided identifying opportunities, where possible, to reduce downtime or maximize business value. Ensure coordination with site service work. Plan and develop schedules for emergency projects as requested.
- Quality – Ensure processes are in place to monitor compliance to construction, engineering, environmental and Vale standards for all project and shutdown work.
- Cost – Lead the development of budgets for projects with support from various site stakeholders. Maintain accurate forecast and budgetary control for projects identifying opportunities for cost savings where possible.
- Build an effective, flexible team ensuring that they have the right skills, knowledge and experience to safely provide Project & Shutdown Delivery in the operations they are part of.
- Lead shutdown coordination with Integrated Business Planning groups, external companies, contractors, Operations and Procurement to determine best time slots for shutdowns and projects.
- Work cross functionally in the effective development, management and optimization of Project systems, processes, procedures, standards, reporting, KPIs, analysis and tools that will maximize business value.
- Lead contract management of the aggregated North Atlantic contract services team, that comprise of managing strategic relationships in 3 provinces and a total yearly spend of $165M.
- Lead the Flex crew teams in Sudbury, ON (10 staff, 33 Maintenance personnel) to optimize business value with the rebuild and construction services they provide.
- The ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree in engineering or a related technical field.
- A Professional Engineering designation with experience in mining is preferred and/or a PMP or similar project management designation is considered an asset.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience is required within a project management related role and/or progressive supervisory experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong Project Management knowledge and skills.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in building and leading teams across geographies
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach, influence and collaborate with others to build effective working relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Software skills in MS Office products, MS Project and CMMS systems (SAP).