As a key member of the BWXT’s Quality Assurance team, you will gain valuable, hands-on work experience through a diverse array of responsibilities that will provide you with wide exposure to the Nuclear Energy business. The Quality Leader responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop and maintain document review and audit scheduling system for the QMS activities in the Toronto location.
- Revise and maintain procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with regulatory, governing standards and customer requirements.
- Develop a data based analysis system for support processes and production quality data.
- Lead the quality function and initiatives in the Toronto facility.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of process effectiveness and efficiency at the site.
- Responsible for quality requirements pertaining to our change management program.
- Management of Material Review Board (MRB) and non-conforming material disposition.
- Produce and present reports to upper management on quality performance metrics.
- Understand scrap limits. Lead initiatives to help reduce scrap and report out cost of quality on a monthly basis.
- Perform audits on production and quality processes for conformity to regulatory and customer requirements.
- Develop process improvement plans using a variety of Quality and Continuous Process Improvement tools, including but not limited to, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, SPC, engineering studies, DOE, Gauge R&R, etc.
- Support continuous product and process improvement through detailed failure analysis for non-conformances.
- Develop risk management tools and aids for use by the organization in accordance with documented procedures, including but not limited to, PFMEA, DFMEA, Fault Tree Analysis, Failure Mode Analysis, etc.
- Ensure process compliance through the development of simple yet comprehensive procedures, work instructions, flowcharts, forms, templates, checklists, worksheets, and other product and process related documentation.
- Provide leadership in the attainment of site quality goals and quality team objectives.
- Provide training of quality requirements to production and support personnel.
- Communication of quality program status and quality initiatives at employee and staff meetings.
- Supervision and counseling for employees, guiding them in current positions and assisting with career development and training.
This position also offers the opportunity to develop an extensive knowledge of CANDU nuclear products and the associated manufacturing processes. If you see yourself in a challenging, rewarding career at an extremely diverse, technology-driven company, this is the perfect place to start. BWXT's supportive environment and free flow of information will encourage you to imagine, build, solve and lead.
Do you qualify? We are Seeking…
- An Engineering degree or equivalent manufacturing quality experience as a supervisor / manager.
- Proven leadership abilities in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to interface with external suppliers, customers and regulatory representatives.
- Experience with departmental budgeting and project management.
- Experience with technical writing and documentation.
- Experience managing quality systems (e.g. ISO 9001, CSA Z299).
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player with proven clear and succinct written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.