Our industry leading energy client located in St. John’s Newfoundland has an immediate need for a Marine/Subsea Planner. This would be a twelve month contract position on one North America’s most prestigious off shore projects.
The Marine / Subsea Planner will support the Project Service Coordinator in all aspects of planning, scheduling, analysis, reporting, interface schedule development, corrective action recommendations and adhoc schedule presentation development. The position will report functionally to the West White Rose Project (WWRP) Planning Lead for all process related activity.
- Review and analysis of the contractor submitted monthly forecast schedules, monthly reports, interface milestones , fabrication requirements and scope execution
- Review monthly deviations and float analysis with Project Services Coordinator
- Prepare and maintain scope cash flow, charts and histograms within Primavera
- Responsible for the development and accuracy of schedule reports based on the schedule processes developed for the WWRP
- Set up alerts for all important contractual, milestone and interface dates
- Input to the development of the Marine and Subsea project progress report and key performance indicators
- Prepare all Marine and Subsea scheduling presentations to management as required
- Review impact of Schedule change submissions
- Perform What if Scenario schedules
- Coordinate, collect and analyze data and information required for all Marine and Subsea based planning activity
- Coordinate and provide updates to the Integrated Master Schedule
- Support periodic Risk review sessions
- Support the integrated project Work Breakdown structure (Norsok Z-014)
- Conduct Project Schedule Review meetings
- Provide schedule analysis to monthly internal reports
- Develop contract Close Out schedule benchmarking
- Manage impact of change & trends and resulting re-schedules / re-baselines
- University degree or technical diploma in engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 15 years of planning experience
- 5 years of Subsea or Marine based planning experience
- 10 years of Oil and Gas and/or Heavy Industrial Developments Projects experience
- Solid experience with planning / scheduling systems and tools such as Primavera , Cost Measurement tools, Progress and Performance Measurement tools
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in spreadsheet and database development (Excel/Access)
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Measurement for Marine / Subsea based contracts
Nice to haves:
- Association with PMI or AACEI would be an asset
- Working knowledge of quantitative schedule risk analysis process and tools
- Knowledge of Acumen Fuse and P6 Loader would be an asset
- Knowledge of the National Occupational Classification system for Benefit reporting would be an asset
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.