Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Master Data Technician. This a twelve-month contract position (with the potential for extension) located in Lloydminster.
This position is responsible for the addition/modification of asset data within a software database (SAP) according to defined standards, using various sources of information including field collected, manufacturer supplied, project turnover, and engineered documents. Tasks are time sensitive, requiring effective prioritization of work while ensuring high quality and adherence to guidelines.
- Creation of the Function Locations, Equipment and Materials in SAP according to standards.
- Source missing information from various sources through investigation, research or direct communication.
- Support the team with routine administrative and other tasks.
- Create and update standards or user guides to improve alignment within the team.
- Verify reports and forms for validity and accuracy.
- High School Diploma.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Minimum 5 years progressive administrative and/or technical experience in the petroleum industry.
- Proficient in the use of a database software such as SAP, Maximo, JD Edwards or similar.
- Experienced in the use of email, preferably Outlook.
- Experienced in the use of digital spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF.
- Experience communicating with others in a collaborative manner.
Nice to Haves:
- Business/Technical diploma and/or equivalent training and experience.
- Exposure to industrial equipment in a technical capacity and terminology.
- Exposure to equipment manufacturers, engineering or trades personnel in a technical capacity.
- Experience interpreting engineered documents such as P&IDs.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.