Do you want to work for the largest Chemical Manufacturing company? They are currently looking for a Material Planner I to support their facility in Research Triangle, North Carolina. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Material Planner I
Location: Research Triangle, North Carolina
Duration: Until June 2020 (possible extension)
As a Supply Chain Planner, Material Planner you will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and SAP order processing of raw materials, packaging components, and finished goods movements to support manufacturing operations, including importing these materials when warranted. You will also be responsible for reporting on actual and planned raw material and packaging component delivery status.
- Plan purchase order requirements and monitor / expedite delivery of raw materials and packaging components for contract manufacturing formulation and packaging sites
- Provide SAP order processing of raw materials and packaging components for contract manufacturing operations
- Monitor and report actual and planned raw material and packaging component deliveries and status
- Convert internal active ingredient and raw material requirements into purchase orders to global internal and external suppliers
- Review production demands and planning purchase order requirements, and monitor raw material and component orders and stocks to ensure timely delivery to support production schedules
- Expedite deliveries when required
- Create and transmit purchase orders against established purchase agreements for raw material and packaging components
- Create stock transfer orders to move raw materials and packaging components between warehouse locations and/or toll sites to support production, and create delivery notes for these stock transfers
- Post receipts of raw materials and packaging for tollers without SAP connections
- Create reports to track open orders, supplier confirmations, and delivery dates to ensure communication of order and delivery status
- Confirm required logistics activities are being organized for all related shipments
- Confirm availability of required labels at production point
- Reconcile month end physical inventories against SAP entries, verify invoices for approval, and assist in controlling raw material/packaging material deliveries and finished raw production at third party formulation and packaging/refill sites
- BA/BS with 5+ years of Supply Chain, Procurement, and/or Operations experience – OR – MS with 2+ years of experience in same
- Experience with import planning
- APICs certification
- Solid SAP skills
- Knowledge of purchasing and receiving activities and inventory control operations
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office
- Demonstrated effective data analytic skills
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) programs
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.