Do you want to work for the largest electrical and natural gas utility companies in Michigan? Assisting them in serving 6.7 million of the state’s 10 million residents? They are currently looking for a Material Technician to support their facility in Jackson, Michigan. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Material Technician
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Duration: Until April 2019 (possible extension)
- A Material Technician to be responsible for the daily operation of inspecting inbound shipments and ensuring accurate distribution of Pipeline Construction materials and equipment in a warehouse environment
- Assists warehouse personnel ensuring the material is stored in the proper area with accompanying certified test reports and assist with organization of the inventory for Pipeline Construction jobs
- Updates project materials spread sheets
- Performs Material receipt inspection for all project materials
- Verifies Bill of Lading
- Verifies Material Test Reports Inspection of components in accordance to specifications Completes receipt inspection
- Supports material requisition process of project components
- Performs field inspection audits as required
- Assists with project close-out (materials and equipment data sheets)
- Good reporting skills.
- Work experience in construction-related warehouse operation is desirable
- Experience with material records
- Ability to establish priorities to handle project assignments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows programs and related software tools.
- Provide assistance to multiple projects for the procurement of pipeline materials with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Able to compare drawings/specifications to delivered materials
- Valid Driver's License
- High School Diploma or GED minimum, degree in technical field preferred