Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational oil and natural gas service companies. We currently have an available contract assignment for Materials Coordinator IV in Lavergne, Tennessee
If you have experience with the following, then we would like to meet with you.
- The Warehouse Materials Coordinator will assume the lead role for the storage and handling of operations and projects materials in support of the designated U. S. Gas Transmission Region and Maintenance Capital and Expansion projects as required.
- This position will be the primary contact for all field material requests for the Region.
- Will ensure that there is a clear set of guidelines and procedures in place for the safe materials handling and warehousing activities.
- They will, as well, ensure that these guidelines/procedures are distributed and reviewed with all parties on premises, i.e., company employees, contractors, etc. Work to resolve freight claims, investigate quantity shortages/overages, shipment errors, tagging issues etc.
- Communicate potential Commercial and technical issues to the materials buyers/expeditors.
- Manage equipment purchase orders to ensure on-time readiness and delivery to site in line with the project and construction/maintenance schedule.
- Arrange with logistics for delivery of equipment to site and coordinate with construction at site to ensure readiness and proper equipment is available for off-loading shipment , as required
- Work closely and communicate regularly with Buyers, Inspection Coordinators, Project team members, Operations team members, Internal and External document control, Suppliers and Contractors.
- Assist in the expediting of materials that are procured for or are the custodial responsibility of the Materials Coordinator.
- Keep updated electronic records per requirements for timely completion of PO/Contract closeouts.
- Prepare and execute on a regular basis all required management reports.
- Conduct regular tailgate safety meetings as well as provide for proper warehouse equipment training.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position is responsible for providing frequent, timely and results-oriented handling, maintaining and storage of operations and projects materials.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, positively influencing projects, manage project milestones, ensure document submittal schedules and provide for the timely replenishment of inventory items and focus on completion of Purchase Order close out requirements.
Contacts (Working Relationships)
- Regional/Area Managers and Analysts, Contractors (Fabricators), Buyers, Project Engineers, Project Managers, Commissioning, Construction Services, Quality Surveillance and Logistics Coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Minimum 7 -10 years of relevant applied experience
- Good working knowledge of warehousing and material handling best practices and an understanding of logistics, purchasing and material document requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate, good interpersonal skills, maintains and builds strong working relationships.
- Equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Coordination skills, ability to multi-task, follow up and manage timelines
- Ability to work on diverse projects and processes with conflicting deadlines.
- Customer service/Problem Solving/Organizational skills an asset.
- Working Knowledge of Engineering and Vendor Documentation is required.
- Strong and effective communication skills and attention to detail are a necessity
- Ability to operate and properly maintain material handling equipment
- Knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office Suite, SAP.
- Post-secondary education in a related field (Project Management, Purchasing/ Supply Chain Management, B-Com, Business Admin.).
- Split office/warehouse environment with regular travel to Client operation locations as required