Do you want to work for one of the largest oil & gas companies? They are currently looking for a Mechanical Drafter to support their facility in Nashville, Tennessee. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Duration: 9 Month Contract (possible extension)
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Drafter is responsible for providing mechanical or electromechanical designs for new or existing products within a business segment.
- Designers make required calculations to establish acceptable standards of performance, material/component selection, and type of construction.
- May follow up construction and testing of prototypes, assisting with analyzing results and corrective redesign as required.
- Designers are expected to provide design solutions that meet standards for reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and program delivery targets.
- Produce drawings, layouts, and/or diagrams from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, design concepts and/or verbal instructions
- Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs
- Verify that all drawings convey accurate information – Ensure all necessary documentation is complete such as engineering prints, bills of materials, and related product specifications to allow successful transfer to manufacturing
- Perform schematic capture duties such as maintenance of parts libraries and updating schematics or drawings in an organized and timely manner
Criteria & Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in Electronics or a technical degree from a recognized CAD training facility
- Demonstrated ability to design conceptual models by using computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software, as well as being able to perform design analysis
- Ability to receive and transmit drawings electronically – Demonstrated computer skill in both Microsoft Office and with Computer Assisted Design software and equipment
- Minimum one year of experience developing project plans and estimates and working with engineering teams
- Show initiative to contribute in design review meetings
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills for presenting, discussing, and documenting technical information
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.