Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer to join their team in Lloydminster, Saskatchewan. This a twelve (12) month contract position scheduled to begin immediately.
Candidates local to Lloydminster are strongly preferred. If you are not local to Lloydminster, please provide reason for your decision to re-locate to Lloydminster for this role, and what your expectations would be for timeline to relocate once offered the role.
REASON FOR OPENING/PROJECT:
- To backfill for an employee that has temporarily transitioned into another position.
- The Mechanical Engineering team provides technical support, MOCs evaluation, and execution of small projects for Lloydminster Midstream Pipelines and Terminals. The Mechanical Engineer position will require working with a multi-discipline execution team consisting of Construction, Maintenance, Planning, Surface Land, Regulatory, Integrity, Engineering and Operations personnel.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
- This is a great opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to work with other engineers within the Midstream Pipeline Engineering to provide design, evaluation and approval of proposed changes to existing facilities, and identify process and equipment improvement opportunities.
- Prepare project scope, AFE cost estimates, project schedules, job binders and monitoring costs during execution, start-up / commissioning.
- Coordinate construction activities to meet the requirements of all applicable codes, standards and regulations
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting and optimization of facilities and equipment
- Participate in PHA/HAZOP, P&ID, PSSR, technical review for major capital projects
- Provide technical support for day to day operations
- Provide support to other project engineers for the completion of high priority projects
- Interface with pipeline operations and maintenance personnel to ensure cost effective solutions
- Provide input into engineering specifications, standards, and procedures related to mechanical equipment and piping.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Graduate of Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering program with previous experience in mechanical / project management in Oil and Gas industries would be an asset.
- P. Eng Designation
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with APEGA (Alberta) or APEGS (Saskatchewan)
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Experience in the application of CSA Z662, Piping codes B31.3, ASME section VIII Division 1, API 650 / 653
- Excellent interpersonal, innovation, organizational skills, and the ability to work in a team environment
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Project
- Understand regulatory requirements with ECON, AER, NEB for Pipeline, and Alberta, Saskatchewan Boiler Branch for pressure piping and pressure vessel
- Valid Class 5 drivers license
- Confined Space Ticket
- First Aid
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Reliable, responsible and safety-conscious individual
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to work independently
- A very quick learner with strong written and verbal communication skill
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects at the same time and able to meet deadlines
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.