- Milton, Ontario
- Permanent, Day Shift, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- $22 to $26 per hour depending on experience
- Stable Work Environment, Opportunity for Advancement to Leadership Positions
- Overtime Available, Boot Allowance, 100% Company Paid Benefits
- Relocation Assistance Available
Do you like to be hands on, all day long? Do you like to tear down machinery and build it back up, seeing all your efforts lead to a job completed to the highest standard and don’t mind getting dirty in the process? Well we have the best job for you!
Ian Martin Workforce is working with the leading bus repair and refurbishment specialists in Canada. They have been in business for over 45 years using some of the most specialized equipment in the industry. You will always be busy with their 60-bay, over 100,00 square foot facility with custom built paint spray booths and paint prep stalls.
As our new Welder, you will enjoy working on small and large projects using GMAW (MIG) and GTAW (TIG) welding techniques to rebuild and attach components on transit buses and highway coaches. You will have an eye for detail, being able to closely examine pieces for defects and work within tight tolerances to ensure that the components meet specifications.
Your tasks will include:
- Cutting out damaged, rusted or corroded metals and fit, align and weld new sections into place using mild steel, aluminum and stainless steel
- Fit and install various new or rebuilt components
- Use MIG and TIG welding stations, drill presses, grinder and air extractor
- Examine pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications
Working with Ian Martin Group to Find Your Next Career
We’re a big company with a lot of history, but with a personalized approach and a genuine interest in finding you your perfect fit. We work with companies that take a lot of pride in what they do – just like us. We will support you through the interview process as well as your first couple of months on the job. We are here for you as much as we are for the companies we work with.
- 3 years of experience using GMAW (MIG) and GTAW (TIG) welding techniques using mild steel, aluminum and stainless steel
- Experience welding in flat, vertical and overhead positions
- CWB Welding Certificate in Aluminium and Mild Steel (current or expired)
- Attention to detail, safety oriented, reliable, self-motivated and flexible
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861. If you text, please include your name and position you’re interested in.