Maintenance Journeyman Millwright
- Barrie, Ontario
- Certification of Qualification Required
- Temp-to-Perm (working interview), $35 per hour
- Day Shift, Monday to Friday, 7:30AM – 4:30PM, every other Saturday from 7AM to 12PM
- Company Paid Benefits, Uniforms and PPE provided
- Company Lunch every Friday for all staff, events throughout the year
Do you like the idea of working for a family owned and operated business where the higher ups are all hands on? They know they business and want to teach it to you.
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a Plastic Extrusion Manufacture that specializes in precision engineered custom plastic extruded profiles. They primarily focus is custom products and regularly pushing the limits of what they can do.
As our new Maintenance Millwright, you are self-motivated to maintain and improve condition of the equipment around you. You are comfortable working independently and share your knowledge with those around you to help improve everyone’s ability to work smarter including the people on the front lines. You take the time to ensure that the needs of Production are met and able to think outside of the box when a line goes down.
You will be:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot Plastic Extrusion equipment, robotics and other mechanical equipment using hand and power tools
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls (PLCs)
- Participates in projects, such as installations, start-ups, and shutdown, and emergency maintenance requests as required
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Modify, repair or replace parts of machinery to maintain production capacity.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance and continuous improvement in order to improve reliability of production lines.
- Inspects, lubricates, measures, replaces parts in accordance with the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Maintain effective verbal and non-verbal communication within maintenance team and other departments
- Maintain a safe, clean work area and follows all safety procedures and other standards
- Document activities and generates data such as log books, work orders, hazard report, incident report and emails.
- Certification of Qualification Journeyman Millwright (433A) required
- 3 to 5 years of Industrial Maintenance experience
- Versatile while still eager to learn new skills
- Excellent at troubleshooting and creative thinking
- Strong understanding of computerized machinery and PLCs
- Ability to read and write English
- Able to take ownership and work independently
- Comply with Health & Safety and maintain a safe work environment
- Accountable, Reliable, Dependable, Self-motivated, and takes pride in your work
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861. If you text, please include your name and position you’re interested in.