Our mining client is looking for a Mechanical or civil/structural Construction Superintendent for their mining operations in Port Hope ON. If you have experience with brownfield construction execution in the mining industry, that will be an asset. It will follow a 2 weeks in/out schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure contractor personnel are executing safe construction work according to all safety program requirements
- Work collaboratively with contractors to develop project schedules and workface plans prior to mobilization that ensure safe and efficient construction work is performed
- Oversight of contractor field activities during execution of the work to ensure compliance with all contractual obligations and all site-specific procedures
- Coordinate field activities between the contractor and the operations team as required; resolve and remove roadblocks that prevent work from being executed efficiently
- Conduct inspections and sign-off on work completed by contractors as having met quality and scope requirements
- Previous experience in brown field construction execution and working in an industrial environment is required
- Experience with remediation and demolition is highly preferred
- Experience with rigging, hoisting, structural steel and piping is highly preferred
- Moderate computer skills required, specifically MS Office
- 10+ years of experience
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.