Our mining client is looking for a Mining Project Manager for their mining operations in Saskatoon Saskatchewan.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of the project effort, specifically ensuring the successful delivery of assigned projects.
- Responsible for leading the project team, effectively communicating with stakeholders and accomplishing the stated project objectives.
- Ensures that safe execution of the work is integrated into project planning and managed throughout the project in compliance with all applicable safety programs, procedures and plans.
- Manages the functional and operational project objectives with the sponsor, process owner and program manager through the development of the project plans.
- Accountable for project reporting.
- Accountable for managing project risk – monitors and measures risks and corrective actions throughout the project and follows up on the implementation of the mitigation plans as appropriate.
- Provides first level of approval for project changes.
- Manages the resources of the team to achieve project deliverables working in conjunction with functional managers in a shared service matrix environment.
- Ensures that project permits are in place, regulatory requirements are achieved, and site facility change control is in place and used appropriately according to site regulation.
- Provides leadership, direction, and integrates the project through the procurement representative, project services, project engineer, finance and construction manager.
- Manages draw-down of the contingency allotted in the approved capital cost estimate.
- Manages project change management.
- Ensures effective communication with project sponsor, site stakeholders and project planning superintendent.
- Jointly works with the sponsor to secure funding for the project.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors in Engineering and registered with APEGS or equivalent board as P.Eng
- PMP designation and mining engineering experience is an asset.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.