National IT Business Development Manager:
We are Seeking an experienced, skilled sales professional with proven business acumen and leadership capabilities, to work with existing customers and new prospects alike to transform their organization through innovative IT solutions that are related to Digital Transformation stemming from the five mega-trends in the IT industry (Cloud, Digitization, Big Data/BI, New Age Technologies and Infrastructure upgrade).
The successful candidate is a driven, self-directed, proactive leader with a deep work ethic and positive, “can-do” attitude. The successful candidate is a passionate customer advocate committed to solving problems for clients and prospects with a strong desire to win under intense competitive pressures, with innovative and creative problem-solving capabilities.
This position will be focused primarily on the sales of the company’s managed services offerings. If you have the drive to work independently, existing local relationships and the ability to identify, qualify, and secure new business opportunities.
Job Details and Responsibilities:
- This is a sales hunter “position” and preference will be given to those that can demonstrate the ability to be a positive contributor selling managed services soon after onboarding.
- Identifies and reaches decision makers and key influencers and can persuade them to take action.
- Build senior level relationships (C-level; Director, VP, DM, ADM) within existing client / targeted accounts and new prospect organizations.
- Professionally and effectively communicate client’s solutions to existing customers and new prospects through presentations, written proposals, RFP responses and regular business correspondence.
- Constantly refreshes their insight, knowledge and understanding of IT technology industry, solutions and strategies.
- Investigates, researches and seeks information that will lead to a successful sales strategy that creates a selling advantage for a targeted opportunity.
- Effective questioning, probing and listening that informs and leads to implementable actions and activities leading to a successful sales cycle.
- Comprehend and apply strategies and solutions to develop existing customer and new prospect business development plans.
- Ability to link and apply IT technologies to identified and targeted business outcomes for existing customers and new prospects.
- Create compelling solutions that satisfy customer business outcomes and are differentiated to position the Company as the desired or preferred partner and solution provider.
- Lead in creating sound financial proposals that meet business expectations and secure deals.
- Collaboration and teamwork in the execution of all assignments, roles and responsibilities.
- Engage key vendors to develop joint account and market development opportunities leading to new solutions and revenue sources.
- Forecast and track key account metrics including account and territory planning.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to ensure customers achieve marketplace goals.
- Strong understanding of the IT channel (Manufactures, Distributors, Resellers and Endusers).
Required Skills, Education & Qualifications:
- Canadian / U.S. based Degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing, Technology, Computer Science or related field of stud, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 5+years of full sales cycle experience, ideally selling managed services (contracted annuity revenue).
- Experience with selling technology services in the public sector – Federal, Provincial and Municipal – a definite asset.
- A list of executive contacts (“C”, VP and Director-level) and relationships from prior roles with references therefrom are a definite asset
- Proven success in developing and managing partner relationships and driving ongoing revenue results.
- Extensive Strategy Development, Partnership Management or Business Development experience in technology space.
- Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic sales environment.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with respect to technical, contractual and financial negotiations.
- Knowledge working with Salesforce an asset.