Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We have an immediate opening for a Network device driver software validation technician on 04 month assignment extensions beyond, in Hillsboro, OR. USA.
Description & Minimum Requirements:
- Function as part of a team to validate network drivers on various OSes and hardware.
- Execute manual and automated test cases using validation tools.
- Manage test servers, install and configure new servers and guest OSes.
- Create automated scripts to update and manage installed software, drivers and features.
- File problem reports on defects found in the bug tracking database to enable SW engineers to debug and resolve problems and improve product quality.
- Perform basic debug of the systems to assist in the problem identification and resolution.
- Hands-on experience with virtualized network environments.
- Strong networking skills applied to virtualized environment, e.g. virtual switches, distributed switches, VLAN, subnets.
- Task automation experience and strong scripting skills: PowerShell, python, perl, bash, shell.
- Experience in network performance testing using tools such as netperf, iperf, ntttcp, Chariot.
- Experience in writing documentation, creating bug reports and working with bug tracking systems.
- CISCO or other networking certification / courses are desired (but not mandatory).
- Strong knowledge in working with different server hardware (i.e. HP, Dell, Supermicro, etc.).
BS in CS or Computer Engineering or equivalent of minimum 5+ years of hands-on experience
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.