Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as USA's leading Information Technology company.
We are looking for a Network Engineer – NOCC to support the team.
Duration: 10 months
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
The NOCC enables proactive monitoring and troubleshooting of all servers in the global network. In addition, our NOCC has the industry's best view of the real-time condition of the Internet. The NOCC's proactive stance and unique view ensures a seamless response to network conditions – enabling us to deliver rich media content and applications, regardless of network traffic volume. Each NOCC is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by expert Platform Operations personnel.
This is an opportunity to work in a large scale, global Platform Operations department. Working as part of a team that develops and executes the systems and processes that are used to monitor and maintain our systems in the most effective way possible.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience designing and administering a monitoring and reporting solution in a high availability environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and/or UNIX system administration.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and Database systems.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP in internetworking/WAN data communications.
- Experience in Perl/Python Scripting.
- Layer 2 Networking.
- Monitoring our deployed network.
- Resolving service interruptions either within the NOCC or by escalating to other entities inside or outside of us.
- Managing and tracking events through resolution and maintaining a history of network-impacting issues.
- Providing ongoing maintenance and administration for the deployed network.
- Controlled deployment of new software releases across the platform.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting & correcting server and network problems.
- Working with various third parties (Engineers, System Architects, Infrastructure Vendors, Customers, and Developers) to narrow down problems and achieve resolution.
- Clearly and effectively documenting information in the Trouble Ticket system for communication to other staff, and ensuring the accuracy of the NOCC’s procedures.
- Maintaining advanced knowledge of our Systems, providing training to NOCC Technicians, and acting as an escalation point within the NOCC.
- Act as shift lead in the absence of a shift Manager.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.